Marq 2 delayed until December

Just got an email from Garmin that despite ordering the Marq 2 Athlete on release day it’s been pushed back until December. 

Top Replies

All Replies

• That is good info. I wonder if Garmin will ship orders starting on that date? 

• Last time my dealer was given Nov 11th delivery date... 

• Due to unforeseen delays in shipping is a very squishy statement.  For example, it could mean that we have run into a manufacturing problem and so shipping is delays.  It is unlikely that they would face shipping delays of an ordinary nature due to a problem with FedEx, UPS or some ocean mode such that each and every sku would be affected and they would end up missing 2/3rds of the holiday shipping season.

We are all being misled.  Every day, the same delays appear.  They don't reduce over time.  5 weeks from today is 12/22 and it says SHIPPING in up to 5 weeks.  Why would they miss the Christmas selling season over a simple shipping issue?

• My MARQ 2 CAPTAIN was just delivered today. Very happy. Beautiful watch. I had ordered mid October directly from Garmin. Based in Florida. 

• I don't understand why you're still pushing this conspiracy theory thing. When companies say 'shipping delays' they tend to mean delays to the date they originally expected to ship by, not specifically that the actual physical shipping process is taking longer. But even if that is the cause of delay, why can't you accept that? As other people have already pointed out to you in other threads, there are currently massive shipping delays affecting the whole world, and that's been the case for the last couple of years. Ports are full of goods waiting for ships, and waiting for onward distribution at the other end. You also ask why this would affect every SKU. Why wouldn't it? It's not as if they're going to be made in different factories in different countries using different parts from different suppliers. Of course anything affecting one model is likely to affect the others too.

And of course Garmin would want to hit the holiday season, so what's your point? Why would Garmin be lying to us? I don't even really understand what you're suggesting they're deliberately misleading us about, and what you think their motive is. It's not as if MARQs aren't now being delivered to customers at all - dealers are getting stock and fulfilling pre-orders, as are Garmin themselves.

• We are all being misled.  Every day, the same delays appear.  They don't reduce over time.

You are obviously not paying attention - obviously getting more satisfaction with wild theories than simply observing the situation.

I've been keeping my eye on the MARQ Aviator (Gen 2) since introduction.  Last week, it was "Available to ship in 5-8 weeks" and "May not be available before December 25."  Today, it is "Available to ship in 3-5 weeks" with no disclaimer about no delivery before Christmas (see it here: MARQ Aviator (Gen 2))

Just sayin'

• I wouldn’t get too bent out of shape. Mine said 3 to 5 weeks two days ago. And suddenly I received my captain at home today. 

• I just chatted with Garmin. Restocking is now expected mid to late December. 

• I preordered the Aviator on the day it twas released and got mine on Friday, Oct. 18.