Current state of altimeter in 19.10

Update:

I updated my watch to 19.10 and it seems that altimeter works now as intended. Did some hiking and biking and so far no strange behavior in sudden spiking/dropping height and therefore wrong calculations regarding accumulated climbing height.

Hello everybody,

I'm one of the people who still sits (again) on Software Version 17.00 because (as far as I know) 17.00 had the best performance/accuracy regarding altimeter. I had the problem in the past that altimeter shows to high numbers because of sudden drops in height which leads to a incorrect calculation after upgrading the software version. Sensor inlet was not blocked/not the reason of the malfunction because switching back to 17.00 fixed the problem directly.

So now i read that 19.10 has been released and I want to ask if meanwhile the altimeter problems are gone/ are not a thing anymore and if it's okay to install 19.10 regarding a proper working altimeter? Altimeter is one feature for me which has to work as good as possible Slight smile..

Regards,

Jens

• I am still on 16.00, for me the best firmware version regarding altimeter / barometer accuracy. As most Garmin apps seem to push an update without asking and regardless of setting, I only use the watch stand alone. I like the Instinct Solar, but I am through with Garmin. Too many updates that make things worse, absolutely no interest in fixing smaller bugs even though they were reported in great detail, missed opportunities wherever you look, like easy mass storage access via Bluetooth, no automatic sports type detection, laughable sleep tracking, unreliable HR sensor readings in comparison to Polar and Apple, enforcing Google Play Services on the originally privacy minded Explore App. It is quite clear no one cares, which is why Chinese companies are eating Garmin's breakfast, lunch and dinner.