This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct Solar - 19.01 Public Release Candidate

Hello Instinct Solar customers,

Please read the instructions below to update the software for your Instinct Solar device. We've made some changes to how we deliver beta updates for our customers, so this forum post is now the primary resource for reading the change log notes – they are not available on another webpage. We look forward to your feedback!

19.01 Change Log Notes (changes since 18.54):

• Fixed issue where daily active calories total could be incorrect.
  • Fixed potential issue with activity Power Mode Auto Enable setting.
  • Fixed potential graphical issue with Battery Saver watch face.
  • [Tactical] Fixed issue where HR Broadcasting could be enabled in Stealth Mode.

New Software versions listed are in red.

• System Software19.01
  • GPS5.50
  • BLE/ANT: 3.02
  • SNS: 22.07

Instructions for updating software:

• Download the .zip folder containing the update HERE
  • Connect the watch to your computer.
  • Unzip and copy the included gupdate.gcd file to the Garmin folder on your watch.
  • Disconnect the watch from the computer and it will prompt you to update software.

For any issues that you encounter, please send an email to [email protected]. In your email please include the software version, and a detailed description of your issue, along with any steps to reproduce. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.

• It is curious that the new "improvements" of this new software do not correct any of the problems collected in the official forum, for which people are complaining bitterly...¿?

• When are we getting the sleep widget back?

• They simply do not fix the problems that those of us who buy this watch have by relying on Garmin's good practices so that we buy the new versions.

When I bought the Instinct Solar, the altimeter worked correctly, if it hadn't been, I would have returned it in a week. The problem comes when it breaks with an update two months later, you wait another three to see if they fix it in the following ones and time goes by and you can no longer return it

The fact that a functionality like the altimeter worked correctly before and since a few updates has not done so and that they do not solve the problem indicates that they are making it worse on purpose. It is a high-priced watch focused on outdoor sports and that, without the altimeter working correctly, is worthless. It's ***.

If Garmin believes that these bad practices will get people to opt for the newer versions of the instinct in my case, they are very wrong. I will not buy this brand again, nor recommend it of course.

I already assume that they will fix minor software nonsense, but if we want a moderately reliable altimeter we can change the clock.

• And also..Since the Instinct solar is a pretty expensive watch,

I don't understand why they still don't add the simple VO2 max calculation...every basic Garmin watch has it.

• This update broke my Instinct Solar. Won't solar charge and battery meter is stuck at 100%.

• same, afer update, battery 100% on surface, once untag the battery code, shut off,  total tragic, my watch is ruined