My Instinct Solar keeps shutting off

Hi,

My instinct solar keeps shutting off when I start an activity. The watch is just over a year old and I got the product to track my activities it's become extremely frustrating. I've read multiple articles and post on the site and have hard reset but still having the same issue. 

How do I fix this issue?

• I believe it's a firmware issue... So many complaints are going in

• I am sorry there is an issue. Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region.

• I had a similar problems with my instrinct solar which was just under 2 year old, It was crashing regularly, for example when a notification came in, an alarm went off or an activity was started. All symptoms of a failing battery; it was becoming useless. I tried soft and factory resets, different charging regimes and different software versions.

In the end I rang Garmin Support (Australia) and they swapped it for a replacement watch which is working fine.

• I have the same issue, Outdoor product Support asked me to do a factory reset & make sure all the updates were up to date (which they were), the watch still turned off but a bit less often, they then asked for proof of purchase, pictures of the front & rear of the watch AND nothing, never heard back from them. SO the only fix is to buy a different watch (probably not a garmin) 

• Hi there. I'm leaving in Istanbul and we don't have a direct Garmin shop, but a distributor. I gave my instinct to the service and 2 days after they called me back and replaced my instinct solar with an insticnt solar 2. 

• *Update* - Chris reached out to me and resolved the situation. While I wish that general Garmin support was made aware of these issues and could handle the situation themselves, I'm very grateful for Chris' help. He was very prompt in his follow ups and in finding a solution.

I reached out to Garmin support regarding this issue as advised and I was told that because my watch is 2 years old and therefore out of warranty, I would need to pay for a replacement. Browsing the number of cases that are being reported on this site about this exact issue, it is very clear that this is caused by some sort of firmware/update pushed out by Garmin that results in the watches malfunctioning, not by some action by the user. To make customers pay for a replacement because of actions taken by Garmin is absolutely unacceptable.    

• I am sorry you were advised you would need to buy the recertified Instinct Solar replacement. I have sent you a direct PM message to work with you directly.

• That's disappointing. They did replacee mine and many other people's faulty watches. I'm certain that it is a hardware problem, not software. The batteries in certain watches are failing prematurely. My replacement watch is now running the same software as the one that I returned but the battery life is like new. You could try going to your local consumer affairs department , if your state/country has one.

• same here, i own the watch for 15 months, exactly same like you, am in Hong Kong, i got reply locally, i would rather spend the $ over other brands, total upset 

"We regret to learn that you are facing some issues with your Instinct Solar watch. There is no report from APAC Garmin regarding any bug or software crash; if the device is not covered by warranty and when repair replacement is deemed necessary, a charge will be applied, in your case, it is HK$940. Your understanding is much appreciated."