Garmin Instinct Solar turns off after starting of any activity

I got version 17.50 and my watch started to turn off after I turning on any activity and any set of activities. I tried to reset to defaults with full data wipe and hard reset also but none of this helped. Are there any solution for this problem? Could they lost their tightness and broke? I have them for little more than one year

• Thanks to everyone who advised me to turn off the vibration. It really helped

• Hi, I’m also waiting a reply on how to fix this :)

• Unfortunately this still did not fix the issue. I am at a loss now, as the problems actually got worse with the latest software update. Previously the watch shut down during activities, but now it does is sporadically. Currently my list of issues are:
    Alarm not working at correct time (going off up to 5 mins after time it was set, then shutting watch down).
    Watch switching off during activities, rebooting with <1500 steps recorded.
    Watch switching off sporadically several times per day.
    I have the latest software, did the factory set and reboot you advised, I have removed the vibration that the forum advised, I have even kept the battery above 50% and removed alarms to free up the processing it has to do. But no joy.
    Looks like the shelf life for these is about 6-18 months, and then they fail with annoying issues. Thanks for trying.
    Rob
  • I have the same problem, I practice surfing, after 3 weeks behind my watch has been constantly restarting, especially when I start activities or even when I go to save activity, I am a software developer and I downloaded the buggy activity and opened a .fit inspector and see data from Negative GPS, type -0000.321321321, probably why the clock constantly restarts.
  • I have the same problem, I practice surfing, after 3 weeks behind my watch has been constantly restarting, especially when I start activities or even when I go to save activity, I am a software developer and I downloaded the buggy activity and opened a .fit inspector and see data from Negative GPS, type -0000.321321321, probably why the clock constantly restarts.
  • After contacting support in March, they agreed that the watch was still under warranty and asked me to send it back for a refurb.

What they didn't tell me until I chased it three weeks later was that the refurbished would be the same colour and I could expect it end of may.

Sounds like the issue is still present however in the new firmware (I was on 19.10 at the time). Is that correct? 

Because if it's still present post 19.10... I don't want to send a refurb back and wait another 7 weeks!

Mine was a solar instinct v1

• Yes mine is on 19:10 and still suffering with all the bad stuff.

• I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the watch is shutting off unexpectedly. There are a few troubleshooting steps to try initially:

• Ensure the watch is on the latest software version, using Garmin Express
    • Complete a hard reset. For this, hold the Light button until the watch shuts off, as opposed to selecting power off. Then power this on again. 
    • If this continues, you can also try a full factory reset with these steps: 

If this issue continues, you will want to contact Garmin Product Support, as it is likely the device will need to be replaced. If you are not wanting to replace the device, some have seen an improvement in this behavior by disabling the device vibration.