Instinct Solar charging: the charge is fiction

Hello.

I was using my Instinct solar at the beach, during all summer vacations and it gave me the, “theoretical”, record of 115days of battery.

Wow!!

But the next day, surprise: it was around 80….

So, it seems to be really something not accurate at all.
To say the less…

The watch wasn’t using gps. Only the ordinary  smartwatch mode (notifications, pulse, counting pass…).

At the end, all that “battery recharge” was useless. I didn’t have any extra day, and I recharged it at the scheduled day, before the vacations.

So, I got sun exposure, the watch was (in theory) being recharged by the sun… but it didn’t stay there. As fast it cames, it goes.

Do you have an explanation for that?

• My experience so far with Solar 1 model is as you described. In sunny conditions i once saw 150days but the percentage was maybe 2-3% higher. Of course the 150days after 2 days of no sun activity went down to 20,19,18 etc...

However, during summer with everyday an activity, swimming (GPS on, HR on) the watch managed to stay alive for 30 days almost!  I repeat i was exposed in the sun everyday, that helped to reach 30 days in total with no USB recharge. 

When came back from summer i USB charged the watch and it hold only 20days of life (no sun exposure and fewer activities recorded). I am pretty sure that sun exposure extends the use of watch, just observe the battery percentage gauge and not days.

• I've had my Instinct Solar about 6 months now. I've noticed the solar charging is nearly worthless. I did set the watch in the window for an hour one sunny day and I got one whole day of charge added. Big whoop. Solar is a marketing gimmick in my opinion, not a useful function.