Up/down buttons clicking less over time

I'm really happy with my Garmin Instinct Solar, and have used it on average 1.5 activities a day for 2 months, but I've noticed the Up/Down buttons are now barely 'clicking' as they used to now.  The Light button is a bit less clicky, but the GPS/Back buttons are still roughly the same as when new.

Most of these presses is down to an annoying fact -- you can't hold a key down to scroll in menus -- you can only hold it to scroll things like the character selection screen.  For someone who is new to the device, and wants to explore it well, setting up new activities and custom displays, this means a *lot* of button pressing when exploring the device for the first time and setting up things how they want.

I'm a bit worried that the Up/Down buttons on my device might eventually stop working.  Are they rated for a high number of presses?  I keep my watch totally clean, in a protective silicon case (sweat/dust doesn't get to, or work in the buttons), so I am quite sure the gaskets are not gunked.  It feels a bit like when a computer mouse's (larger) microswitches become worn after a long time and you get less of a click out of the buttons.

I believe the Instinct has small microswitches attached to the sides of the printed circuit board, rather than certain other watch bands which just have springy metal tabs to make contact, so that is a good thing at least.

The question is, are these microswitches rated for a good number of presses?  Is it normal for the buttons to have less of a 'clonk' or 'click' after a while?

• Yes. Unless your buttons start to stick, stay pressed in, or no longer function when being pushed, you are good. It is not uncommon for the overall feel of the buttons to change. Since I own and test so many different models of our outdoor watches, I have taken the time to press every button many times over the years to address your question. There can definitely be a slight feel difference.