This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reboots every x sets in premade Strength Workout

Hi!

As of lately I've been experiencing a lot of reboots during my strength workout activities. These strength workouts are premade in the app for me to follow and record my reps properly. It seems to happen even when not changing reps or touching buttons at all during my workout.

What i do is: Start workout x,  do the workout and reps get counted usuallt pretty correctly, if not adjust all reps within sets when needed or push finish when rep count has been reached correctly.

I've tried doing strength workout in:

- battery saver mode
- no phone connection mode during workout
- bluetooth off on phone (so i'm 100 sure watch is not connected)
- disable auto scroll (happens with or without it seems)

It seems to be happening every 5minutes more or less getting worse the more i progress into the workout.

I'm doing pretty instens workouts with 9 sets each of 12 reps.

Seems to be happening more frequently since last updates. Most of the time the set gets recorded but nonetheless it's extremely annoying. I had been loving the strength workout feature on the garmin instinct solar even though it's much more of a cardio watch.

E.

• bump.

Seems like the strength workout activity when doing premade workouts is completely unreliable and broken at this point.. Once it starts crashing around like set 9 it's crashing every 2-3 sets..

Any help?

• Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region if you experience this issue.

• Hi Instinct Solar people!

Anyone willing to help and check if the strength activity has a crash/reboot issue during a workout? I had my watch replaced due to this issue but the second unit shows the exact same issue. I realise the issue doesn't get reported as much as other activities due to the majority of the userbase being runners, cyclists, expedition people, ... but not gym people. Not only that but when reading fora you usually see people advising against using the strength activity as a rep counter which probably wont help finding bugs..

What I have is a premade workout consisting of  10 exercises. Each exercises is 4 rounds(sets), 12 reps, 45s rest with each set and between each exercise block(round) there is a lap button press allowing me to take my time to wipe and change machines before starting the new exercise. During the strength activity in default settings it seems hit or miss wether the watch will suddenly crash and reboot. If you're lucky the set is still recorderd and it still shows battery hours, if not it will show battery days and the workout will be highly likely corrupted in some places. It also seems considerably worse when you're tweaking the data screens and options of the strength activity

Funny enough it is quite reliable as far as counting reps IF you perform the exercises (near) perfectly. Occassionally you have to adjust reps (no biggie). It even counts rope jumping spotless most of the times (maybe 1 off at best).

Would love to see the community reach out and try to have the devs fix the bugs that are still left as the watch itself is pretty brilliant (when working perfectly)

Cheers!

• Hi!

Do you know if this has been addressed yet? I'm on version 7.0.
    I made a bunch of new workouts and uploaded them and the watch keeps crashing, particularly when I try to edit the reps or weight.

This didn't happen back with the 5.XX firmware. It is a bummer as I deleted all the other workouts I made that were still working. Could it be a Garmin connect issue as well instead of a watch problem only?

• Hi Chris, I also have a solar instinct that crashes during Strength workouts, Not sure how it send a private message, this is the first time I have used this forum, regards Glen

• This is happening to me as well. Instinct Solar Tactical Edition. Software Version 8.64, 2068481.

This happens when I make custom HIIT Timers as well. Always during HIIT workouts with custom timers, and workouts I made myself, premade.

• Any updates?  This is happening to me on all my HIIT workouts as well.

• Any updates?  This is happening on all of my HIIT schedules as well.  Also, after the watch reboots and allows me to resume my workout, it doesn't appear to be reading my heart rate correctly. 

• Hello,

Everything was fine until updating the device to 17.50.
    I now have the following issues despite factory rest (lost all of Odometer stats, thank you) :
    - Incorrect GPS records
    - Device turns off during activity (walking)
    - Battery drain (after charging to 100%, watches displays 12d of battery life, one hour later it shows 9d and keeps goign down during the day -> Error which might degrade the battery prematurely)

I do believe the software 17.50 is the root cause of all of these problems.

• I am sorry there are issues. Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region if the behaviors do not clear up with normal troubleshooting after a software update. (Restart your watch, hard reset, System > Reset as a last resort.)