Instinct solar surf tide not working-retrieving tide data

Hi Garmin users...

I need some help with my instinct solar surf...

The tides were working and being displayed fine on the watch face and all of a sudden it has gone and now only showing retrieving tide data.... I have tried everything and seems to no solve the issue.

I Uninstaller garmin connect and reinstalled it.

Reset my watch back to the factory default and deleted all data.

Connected the phone with the app.

Tried using my current location and it is still not working...

I see the following two messages...

Really do not know what else to do.....

I stay right next to a big port in south africa... So tide info should not be a problem. 

Thank you. 

• Just to be sure, does other information that is retrieved online (the weather widget) show data?

• I just checked and it would seem that the weather widget is working fine... 

• I had the same issue for about a week once, tried everything you did but did not help. Than after a week or so it resolved itself. Ever since it occurred some more times, but somehow the full factory reset did resolved it on those case (still annoying because you lose all the settings).

I'm sorry I can't be of any help really.

• Thank you very much for the reply... It is really annoying that this is happening for no reason, I bought the watch for the tide function and now it is not working...

Hope somebody else out there might be able to help... 

• I am sorry your watch stopped pulling the tide data for you. If your Instinct Solar Surf shows Bluetooth connected in your smartphone's Settings > Bluetooth menu and when you open the Connect Mobile APP your watch shows connected at the very top of the default page and when you go to the Garmin Devices menu in the APP, you have done everything you can on your smartphone and APP side.

You have already reset your watch so there are no other options left on your watch itself.

If the issue continues, please reach out to your regions Outdoor Product Support to discuss replacement options.

• Hi I had the exact same issue with my new Instinct Solar Surf that arrived today. I tried all of the suggestions as per above and nothing worked. I then plugged the USB cable into the charging/connection port on the Instinct Solar Surf and the USB into my PC. I have a Garmin Connect account and Garmin Express on my PC. I synched the Instinct Solar Surf  using the Garmin Express and added the Instinct Solar Surf  as on of my devices. Although the 'synch' reported that my Instinct Solar Surf  was 'up to date' , a few moments after disconnecting the Instinct Solar Surf  from the PC, it displayed a message to say that there was an update to be applied!!! Having allowed it to this, I see the tide data is showing and accurate to within 3 or 4 minutes! Hope this helps .

• After 18 months of also suffering the frustration of this issue, I think I have finally solved it.

The watch seems to default to “current location” but you want it to retrieve data for your favourite beach.

1. Physically go to the actual location where you want the tide data
    2. Ensure you watch is connected to your phone
    3. Go to the “Tides” widget
    4. Select current location --> you’ll see “Acquiring Satellites” and then the tide data for the location should come up
    5. Go to “Tides” widget --> Recent --> Select the location you just found the tide data for (it should be shown as the beach, town etc) --> Save
    6. Go back to the main watch screen --> Hold down the menu button --> Watch Face --> Select a face which has the tide data in the top left corner --> Set Favorite Beach --> Then select the location you just saved

I also found that entering co-ordinates seems to be a waste of time.

I hope this works for you all. I love this watch but the not having the tides when surfing (or even walking to the beach when leaving my phone at home) has been driving me crazy.

Happy surfing.