This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct Solar is Randomly Freezing on Software v13.20

UPDATE 4/21/21:

A new Instinct Beta software Update was just released today that will resolve the random freezing issue. For those that prefer to install the Beta and test the Beta vs. waiting for the official release, here is the v14.00 Beta:

Original Post:

Is your Instinct Solar randomly freezing? IE: Your time gets stuck for long periods of time and you notice it was wrong. When frozen, you then either must press any button or sometimes hold down your top left CTRL button to soft reset your watch.

If you are experiencing any type of frozen type behavior, please post to this thread so we can accurately track this issue. We are actively collecting examples to provide our engineers actively looking into the issue. Thank you!

• I have both Instinct Solar and Instinct and installed 13.20 on both of them two or three days ago, no issues so far.

• Hi Chris,

Instinct solar on 13.20:

I´ve experienced frozen watch face (time did noch "move" for several hours) and frozen battery status (status bar showed 100% for apprx. 3 days), both solved by shutting down and powering up the watch. thanx for looking into it. 

• I had mine freeze 2 days in a row at 1125 and 3 days while using broadcast heartrate. 5 consecutive days since I've updated to 13.2. I've never had a problem before 13.2

• I've had mine freeze 5 days in a row now where I have to hold the ctrl button down. Two days it froze at the same exact time and 3 days while using the broadcast heartrate. Never had any issue before 13.2. I have the instinct solar

• Mine still has watch face freeze every 4th day or so in the middle of the night, requires up/down button press to refresh it. it used to require a power down/reset.

• Also looks like pulse ox stops measuring at same time. 

• I'm at my wits end.  I downgraded my Fenix 6x Sapphire to Solar Instinct Sunburst less than a month ago. Just got back from a trip to Arizona. I live in Washington. Device locked at 2330 last night. This is the 3rd time in a few weeks. My friend has an Instinct Tactical and said he's locking up now too. If Garmin can't fix this via firmware I'm sending the device back. A locked up device is useless to me. Software version is 13.20.

• I'm on a second Instinct solar tactical now, this one is freezing also just like the first one, now on software version 13.20. The first device was freezing no matter what software version it had on it.

• Not sure if this is the issue, but my display showed this at 10:09. Single press of any button quickly made time jump to correct time.

(currently on beta 13.81 by the way)

• On sunday I was out for a ride with my MTB and while I was riding (so no action taken by me) the Insinct Solar (with v13.20, GPS+Galileo  tracking) freezed. After a while it then unlocked, showing a notification of a missed call. The result is the following: distance -18.8511km