Back-up of all user settings?

So, I'd like to be able to do a factory-reset or software downgrade, but do not want to go through the hassle of setting up the device to my personal preferences again afterwards. Is there any way to back up user settings like:
- widget order/visibility
- controls
- units
- activity profiles
- alarms
- hot keys
- customized watchfaces
- etc...

So I don't care about waypoints or course, since that's easy enough with explore or connect. I'm talking about all the little changes on the watch itself.

Obviously I understand that putting a back-up back might possibly defy the purpose of the reset, but that is something I wouldn't mind to try out.

Thanks for any ideas.

• Ah, I searched some more and found this:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=AXV7LuWgc73v21nq6nbDa6

Which seems to answer my question. Just leaving this thread here for other people with the same question.

If you have experiences with this working well, or not so much, feel free to share.

• Just for anyone's information: I did a reset yesterday and tried to have my user settings backed up following the instructions provided in the link in my own earlier reply to this thread.

On top of my head some things that did not back-up:
    - Which widgets are on display and in which order.
    - Things in the control 'wheel'
    - Custom power modes
    - Order of activities in activity list (i.e. which ones are favorite)
    - Hot keys
    - [SURF] locations saved within the tide-activity (although regular waypoints are backed up in the locations .fit file)

(this are just the ones that spring to mind. I am not saying that all other things díd back-up)