How to select custom power mode? (no option to select, only rename or remove)

Ive got the latest software updates for my garmin instict solar. Ive created my own custom power mode, but there is simply no way to select it, i cant select any of the modes in the power manager (jacket, max battery, my custom settings). The official guide indicates there should be a "done" option or also a "restore" option. Well they simply do not show up on my device.

Can any anyone else confirm how to change the power modes on there device?

• Ok so it looks like i may of found the answer, the power modes are only selectable during an activity. The reason i tried to make a new powermode was to reduce the power usage as much as i could since the solar charging does not appear to be charging the battery at all in battery saver mode. Will try a hard reset and leave it out in the sun for the day. But so far the battery just keeps dropping after a day of sun in battery saver mode :/

• I am not able to select a Power Mode either, and only being able to do it during an activity doesn't make any sense. 

Why shouldn't I be able to go right into the Power Mode setting and select a Power Mode that I want and be done? I shouldn't have to start an activity first. 

I think there is a software issue here because there is a never a "Done" option which would enable it, so I think there needs to be an update that add the feature to actually select a Power Mode from the options by selecting into it and then indicating "Done" to enable it. 

• I am not sure what your issue is. Power Modes are for activities only. Battery Saver is used when no activity is on. Use that menu instead. More or less the same settings are available there, except for GPS of course, so you can configure them any way you want.

Anyway, regardless of using a power saving mode or not, you should definitely not leave the watch under the sun to charge. It will overheat and heat destroys the battery. The manual states that the solar cells are only for extending battery life, not a replacement for regular charging. Also, do not expect it to be able to run only on solar energy, unless you disable absolutely everything and use it only as a watch.

• Not sure who you were replying to sspanak, if it was me, I had already done a follow up post working out the custom power modes were only for activities. 

Regarding the solar, They do advertise as  unlimited battery in battery saver mode with 3hrs a day of 50,000lux sun hence why I was trying to reduce the power with custom power modes. But its fine i can charge it as required and use the functions as needed.

3455092, I agree with you, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

• I've just bought a instinct solar and have come across this problem, I can create a power mode but can't select it as there's no 'restore' option. The only power mode that has the option to 'restore' is jacket mode and max battery mode?