Turn off continuous heart rate monitor

I want to save a bit of battery and I don't want my watch to continiously measuing my heart rate 24/7. However, I want to heart rate monitor to work during the activities. So I tried turning it off heart rate monitor and now have no hear rate monitoring during my activities.

Is there a way to turn off 24/7 hr monitoring and leave it on only during the activities? Thanks

• Set up a hot key for the HRM, to be able to turn it On/Off quickly any time you need. However, by turning off the HRM you won't save you much (the HRM has a really negligible consumption in comparison for example with the GPS or other components), and you lose important data that is needed for many features like Body Battery, Intensity Minutes, Calories calculation, Stress monitoring, resting HR evaluation (that is then needed also during Activities), etc. So, personally I would rather advise keeping it on all the time.

• Thanks for the advice. I would rather keep it on all the time.

That said, after turning HR off my battery meter jumped from 24 days standby time to 41 day. So impact on standby time is quite significant.

• after turning HR off my battery meter jumped from 24 days standby time to 41 day

I would not trust it much. In reality there will be a much smaller difference. But when do you really need that the watch keeps without charging more than a few days? Perhaps when you are lost in the jungle for a few weeks, then it makes sense disabling all non-essential functionality, but why making an ordinary "stupid" watch from a smart-watch, when there is no reason for it?

• I was looking for the same option. It's possible by using the batt saver mode. You can edit this mode and turn off heart rate monitor and leave the other options on. When starting an activity the heart rate monitor is automatically activated. 

• I am searching for the same option. It bothers me to turn it every time on/off, even I have shortcut for it. I wish have option "Only during activity" in setings for HRM. I do not take care about some statistics like body battery etc...

• The workaround with batt saver mode works like a charm. Heart rate monitor is only activated during activity. 

• Thanks. I read your older post above and it works fine. I wanted to avoid using a battery saver for this purpose, but well, better than nothing :)

• Turning off Pulse-Ox while sleeping doubles my battery life, and you can do that separately from battery saver mode to keep the rest of the watch's functionality. For a point of reference I'm at 7 days (60%) of battery in normal mode w/ night pulse-ox active.  If I disable night pulse-ox it goes up to 16 days.  Battery saver mode goes to 41 days but I might as well have purchased a Casio watch at that point because I lose the functionality I purchased the watch for...

• I also have a very fast charge, I do not know what it is related to.
    Can you tell me what it may be connected with?
    Maybe it would be easier to take them to the repair?

• Create a new power custom mode with WHR ON. Assign this mode to the most used activities.

Now turn off the WHR in settings. Opening one of the customized activities will trigger tgr WHR ON. After saving the activity the watch will jump back to the degault settings which is WHR OFF