Distance to Next Waypoint

I can't figure out what im doing wrong (or if there is a bug?). I create a "Route" on Garmin Explore, sync to my instinct, and then on the watch select Navigate Course. Everything looks good, except the first waypoint (Home) shows as being a further distance away than the entire length of the course. In reality, this waypoint is only 50m from my current position, but no matter what I do, the course never starts because it never registers the first waypoint (Even though the watch says "Course Started"), I can never get any closer to the first waypoint and the course never moves along. Shouldn't the distance to next show ~50m and then change when I walk past it? I have tried so many things, deleting the route, recreating different routes, it always shows the first waypoint at a distance farther than the entire route and never gets any closer or changes the next waypoint???

• I think this is a major bug. According to the manual -the "Distance to Next" is the remaining distance to the next waypoint on the route. This is clearly not right, as it is showing the next waypoint is home, and distance is 5.95km (but it is only ~50m away), also as I try and navigate the course or select "Do course in reverse", the watch constantly crashes and shuts down, resets, loses the current activity and it breaks bluetooth connectivity until I do a complete shutdown through the menus and restart the watch. 

• For anyone else that's interested, this does seem to be an on going issue with many watch models. I solved it by using the methods described in various other Garmin posts - by using plotaroute.com, create new route, turn off auto pilot off, make your route, add waypoints along your route by using the add directions box (make sure ALL your waypoints have the turn arrow deselected, a single icon selected and a waypoint name, description not required, otherwise it will create turn by turn instructions and mess up the file), then download as GPS, FIT file. Transfer to the watch and store in the Newfile folder on the instinct. Finally get correct Distance to Next waypoint