New Instinct Dual Power / Solar not recognised

Just picked up the latest Instinct Solar Tactical here in Japan. It's called "Dual Power" in the Asia-Pacific market. 

I cannot get it to connect to the Garmin App. I'm wondering if the app hasn't been updated for Asia-Pacific specific models? Since no "dual power" named options exist in model names. I selected the Instinct Solar Tac (I actually selected every model of Instinct) but none connect to the watch. Rebooted phone, rebooted watch. I have an old Instinct and it connects just fine. 

Thoughts?

C

• You might try syncing with Garmin Express, at least once to fix any issues and check for updates. Other than that, take a look at the Sync / Connection Troubleshooting Guide and/or contact Garmin Support.

• Thanks for the quick response. Installed Garmin Express, synced, grabbed the latest firmware update, rebooted … still no dice on pairing with the app. Ran through all the troubleshooting notes. I even went to the Japan store to download the Garmin app again. I really feel like there's an identifier code not being properly looked for from the app side … I wonder if the Garmin App lists different models if you change the language of the OS. 

• (update: changing language doesn't present any region specific models in the sync dialogs) 

• Have reset both the iphone app and the watch itself. Nothing. 

About to give up and send it back. My old Instinct pairs immediately with the app when putting it in pairing mode. Have gone through all the trouble shooting. At a loss for other possible tweaks to get it to work. Really feels like an app update is missing for Connect on the iPhone to work with APAC Instinct "Dual Powers"

• Just got off a chat with support — their diagnosis is a bum bluetooth module. Sending back tomorrow. 

• I had the exact same problem, it can't be a bum bluetooth module because it is detected by the phone and can be paired with the phone, just not the app.

After about 3hrs of trying, i finally stumbled upon the solution. The "Dual Power" is region specific, you need to go to Profile>manage garmin account. You will then need to log into the website, go to Edit and change your country of residence to Japan. 

After that, restart the connect app if you have it open and it found my crossover dual power instantly.

p.s. the reason for this is because of country specific privacy laws that they have to follow, wish they would at least put this critical piece of information up on their website. 

• I went thru the same thing here...spend the whole day trying to connect, nothing.

WAKE UP GARMIN, that's an annoying bug, there's no information on official channels about it.