Hey, is there a chance that boxing and MMA activities gets added to tracking on Instinct 2 Solar, as Instinct 2X has them already?

Hey, is there a chance that boxing and MMA activities gets added to tracking on Instinct 2 Solar, as Instinct 2X has them already?
Looks like it would be quite easy to include it in one of the upcoming updates. 

• No. That would not be in line with Garmin business model and established practice.

• Submit your idea through Garmin’s Ideas page that you’ll find on the interweb. You won’t get a reply but you might get a result…eventually, some time, maybe.

• Well, problem solved by creating a custom activity, works like a dream, synchronizes to Garmin Connect. Took like 5 minutes. 

• Because Garmin keeps imposing software differences between watches even though hardware supports more features. In this way they want to stimulate people to buy more expensive watch. That is the reason why cheaper warches have less sport activities.

• In this way they want to stimulate people to buy more expensive watch. That is the reason why cheaper warches have less sport activities.

It’s called product differentiation. Something all companies do. The practice provides solutions for a range of budgets. It’s hard to understand why some people have a problem with this. 

• It’s not difficult for me to comprehend why people take issue with watches that share the same name (like the ‘Instinct 2’) but have different activity profiles.

While every company employs product differentiation to some extent, Garmin has taken it to an extreme. For instance, basic sport profiles such as hiking were absent in Vivoactive watches until the recent Vivoactive 5 (but have golf). Similarly, the meditation profile is available only on the Venu 3 and Vivoactive 5, but not on more expensive watches (Fenix 7,Epix etc, but Fenix 7, Epix have Gaming profile).

Even DC raimaker who deals with smartwatches from all companies is confused witj such practice and in forerunner 165 review writes:
    "It’s a bit hard to understand Garmin’s sport differentiation here though. The like-priced new Vivoactive 5 has the skiing modes, but the FR165 (a more sport-focused unit), doesn’t. Further, the Instinct 2 series (also $299) has the multisport/triathlon modes as well as power meter sensor support. Certainly, I understand the Forerunner 165 has a nicer display than the Instinct 2, but at some point, Garmin has to decide internally which sports modes are offered at which price points and stick with it."

Clearly, product differentiation isn’t solely about advanced sport profiles—it should make logical sense. The fact that people continue to ask questions about this practice indicates their confusion.

• I have a problem. Models like 265, 965, fenix updates are getting. Instinct does not.

• Instinct 2 has a very small memory (and I mean also the operating memory, not only the storage part). Models like the 2X and Crossover have memory of double size. This is the reason they can offer some activity profiles, and other features not available on the basic Instinct 2 models. And it is also primarily because of the hardware limitation, that it is unlikely that the basic models will get those features in a future update.

• This is business model Garmin employs, it is not related to only Instinct but to other watches as well that do not have such hardware limitations (as I mentioned in my post).

Which is why is futile to ask from Garmin what philipsambrook suggested to OP.  But instead of being objective, he (and some others, gaijin as default :) ) will keep hiding or disliking truth instead of actually answering the question if they do not like the answer.