Why is my lap button triggering itself?

When I'm doing a Strength Training workout, I hit the lap button to end an exercise. I then typically have the option to adjust my reps, confirm, then move on to the rest period. For the past several weeks, when I hit the lap button to complete an exercise, I briefly see the rep adjustment screen, then the watch confirms it on its own and starts moving through the rest of the workout.

What is happening and how can I get this to stop?

Top Replies

• Hello

I am sorry to hear the button is activating on its own. It is possible this could indicate the button is sticking. For this, I would recommend washing the button:

1. Submerge the watch in warm…
  • It ONLY happens during this strength workouts, not during other workouts.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your strength workouts. For this, I will reach out to you via Private…

All Replies

• Hello

I am sorry to hear the button is activating on its own. It is possible this could indicate the button is sticking. For this, I would recommend washing the button:

1. Submerge the watch in warm/clean water for 10 minutes
    2. Remove the watch from the water and dry
    3. Press the buttons repeatedly

See if this issue continues. 

If you are seeing the button being activated during the activity, this could indicate the button being pressed accidentally while working out. We would recommend using the Key Lock function: 

1. Press and hold the Control button
    2. Select Lock Keys
  • I don't think either of these are the issue. I think this is a software problem, not a hardware problem. After I hit the lap button and the reps screen appears, the watch confirms the reps on its own when the timer gets to 25% every time. It ONLY happens during this strength workouts, not during other workouts.

• It ONLY happens during this strength workouts, not during other workouts.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your strength workouts. For this, I will reach out to you via Private message to help investigate this further.