Step counter got wild

This morning before I got up from the bed, I noticed that my 2X had recorded 6791 steps.

This morning, at 0300hrs, the time was changed from the normal time to summer time (+1 hour)

Running beta 15.06.

Top Replies

All Replies

• This morning before I got up from the bed, I noticed that my 2X had recorded 6791 steps.

How does the graph on the Daily-Overview of GC Web look like? Is there any movement recorded (light blue curve)?

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/daily-summary/2024-03-31

In my case, in the example below, there is just a small bump at about the time I've been standing up. If there is any steeper curve in your case, before the waking time, then it looks like you had some wild dreams, or there was an earthquake in Finland.

If the Moving curve is flat, then there may be indeed a problem with your watch. In that case I recommend doing the hard-reset.

• My husband and I are both having a similar problem but our count is from yesterday plus whatever we have done today (showing on both the watch and the IOS app).  This is therefore, playing havoc with things like our personal records and we are getting badges that we shouldn’t be getting.  All other stats are affected too.  I can see when I log into the online Garmin connect web that the daily summary graph shows the correct number of steps for the day (apart from some steps just after midnight which I believe are from yesterday but have come on today because of the time change) but not the totals.  

We switch the watches off over night.  Have tried switching the watches off and on again and the app but no joy.  Is there anything we can do to get the totals correct again?

•  For a one of inaccuarate step count, you can reach out to Garmin Product Support, as they have access to correcting this. f there is an ongoing concern with inaccurate Step count however, they will want to troubleshoot to see if there is an issue that can be resolved, 

• This has not happened again so I believe this was a one time bug

• Thanks Garmin-Laurie.  I have contacted support and they have been able to correct my steps and floors but not any other stats, which is a shame as my personal records for steps in a day, week and month are still wrong.  They didn’t try to troubleshoot the problem.

• I am happy to hear you were able to get the steps corrected. If this was a one time occurrence, there may not be much to troubleshoot. However, if this issue is reoccurring, I would initially recommend trying a hard reset. For this, hold the Light button until the watch shuts off, as opposed to selecting power off. Then power this on again. Then see if this occurs again.

• Thanks but I think this is a one off caused by the time change and maybe because my phone was switched off at the time.  I guess we’ll see if it happens again when the clocks go back in the Autumn.