garmin instinct 2 solar storm notification

My garmin instinct 2 solar have problem with storm notification, wear this watch more then 4 month , I did not receive any notification of a storm or a change in the weather. all settings are enabled, checked all settings, also returned to default settings and reconnected to Garmin Connect, none of this helped. I checked the barometer by climbing the stairs and it works, but I don't get any storm alerts. My old instinct was working correctly.

Any idea or life hack ?

• Same with me. No storm notifications even when i was in the middle of some storms.

There are some settings which can be adjusted, but I don't know what values to put there.

Does anyone know how to make storm alerts work?

Thank you.

• Does anyone know how to make storm alerts work?

You'd need to look at the historical values of the barometric pressure in your location, and see how strongly and how fast the atmospheric pressure drops before a storm - that may vary from location to location, and from season to season as well. Try to find settings matching your local conditions the best, without giving you too many false alerts. You can also try it by increasing the sensitivity step by step. If you start getting false alerts, go back again.

However, on my mind the best solution is keeping the feature disabled, and rather looking at the weather report before you go out. Enable it only when on a longer outdoor activity. It will not work reliably if you are indoors (especially if using air condition), then going out again, etc - the temperature changes, and the changes of pressure may prevent the alerts to work correctly.

• Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking the same about how well it can work indoors - with all the different pressures we get due to air con, going in the subway, on a plane etc.

• i try incrase and dicrase storm alarm step but it's dont work i try incrase and dicrase storm alarm step but it's dont work

• It can only work if there is the specified change of atmospheric pressure within the specified time frame. 

• Same problem here, i only get storm alert notification when descending from mountain trails. I've modified the steps in storm alert glance, but no succes! 

My old suunto Core worked just fine with no further adjustments! 

• Same thing here, storm alert is just non-existent now on my Instinct 2, running software version 15.08, it worked when I first got the watch, but now it doesn't.