Updates on Instinct 2 Surf Edition for APAC

Hi there,

Few days ago I lost my Fenix 7 between the waves while surfing in Bali. So I had to urgently get a temporary watch and got an Instinct 2 Surf Edition. Of course, in my rush to get a new watch, I didn't really research the topic and didn't realize there's a dedicated APAC version and you can't switch between the two.

Being the geek I am, I updated it to the latest available firmware which is 10.10. I found that the RoW version of the software had the following releases:

My point here is that there is a significant delay in the release of these versions. As pointed out, this is due to the unique languages in this region. Moreover, there are never even rough estimates of how much time these delays are going to be.

Personally, I don't care about these languages and actually uninstalled all languages except for English. But I definitely need more of the features.

Generally, it's confusing that Garmin doesn't seem to care that much about their customers in quite a huge region and would allow a delay of 4+ months for a new version to be released.. and provide no option for their customers to swap the software for a non-APAC one (by side loading or any other means).

So, having said all that, my questions here are:

• First of all, is an update for the APAC version of Instinct 2 in sight? Any (rough) timeframe and idea which version it would be?
  • Does Garmin plan to address the issue with extremely slow updates in APAC region in general?
  • Does Garmin plan to allow customers to switch the region of a device, when the hardware is essentially the same?

Thank you!