My Instinct Crossover thinks it is an Instinct 2 solar?

I have recently acquired this Instinct Crossover Solar. (used) The OS is not what comes with a crossover but the regular instinct 2.

I have tried to update to 12.23 via garmin express but after the update the system still shows software version 0.7

Also tried installing a beta version 12.10 manually but the system only shows 0.7.

The hands do move and show the time.

But the OS does not acknowledge the hands at all. 

I have searched far and wide but could not finds any reference to this issue.

• It appears the previous owner of your watch seriously corrupted the software.

I would suggest returning the watch to the seller for a refund.  If that is not possible, call Garmin Support in your area and see if there is anything they can do to help you.

HTH

• Very probably it is a counterfeit watch. There were a few similar cases with diverse Garmin models reported here on the forum. Gaijin is right - get it refunded if you still can. And contact Garmin's Support and have the S/N verified, I bet it is not in Garmin's database.

• Hey All, thanks for the replies.

When I register the watch in garmin express, it shows up as the correct model ( Instinct crossover solar) the serial number search on the garmin website also shows the correct watch. And subsecuently get an email from Garmin to notify "Thanks for registering your instinct crossover". So I doubt it would be a counterfeit?

I did request a return but the seller just sent me another one. (that one seems fine and can update to current firmware v12.24 but has some debris under the glass, so that one will also be sent back Disappointed)

When I compared both units, the original one I got apparently has the bezel from the non solar crossover with blue lume, yet it is a solar version of the watch.  I am so confused but curious of how this could have happened?

I did like the blue lume on the non solar crossovers (which glow also lasts longer than solar) so I am really keen  to get any crossover firmware on it to replace the instinct 2 firmware.

• I am really keen  to get any crossover firmware on it to replace the instinct 2 firmware.

You can manually side-load the beta version 12.23 available at https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/instinct-2-series/f/announcements/333676/beta-version-12-23---side-load-only or sign for the beta program and get the beta v12.24 OTA. If not, you'll have to wait a few days or weeks till the official release of the new firmware.

However, if the watch does not present itself as Instinct 2 Crossover, the update may not be possible. From your description it almost sounds like your supplier has the access to returned or defective hardware. Not sure whether buying from that source is is worth of the risk.