This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Move IQ feature is not working

Recently bought an instinct 2 solar. I used to have a vivomove hr and never had issues with features.

Instinct 2 does not start activities automatically when I am on the move more than 10mins. That was the function I like most on my previous smartwatch.

Garmin support chat, advises me that “Instinct series are not geared to start activities automatically” this is not logical- as “move iq” feature exists on instinct watch’s settings.

Anybody had similar issues? Any advise will be helpful, thank you.

Top Replies

• Anybody had similar issues? Any advise will be helpful, thank you.

Instinct 2 indeed has only Move IQ, but no Auto Activity Start option. You have to start all activities manually. It is the…

All Replies

• Anybody had similar issues? Any advise will be helpful, thank you.

Instinct 2 indeed has only Move IQ, but no Auto Activity Start option. You have to start all activities manually. It is the same for everyone owning any device other than some Venu and Vivo models..

Move IQ self does not start any activity. See more details about it in the document What is Garmin Move IQ?

NOTE: Move IQ Events need to last for at least 10 continuous minutes to register. They do not show in the activity history list, reports, or in a user’s Newsfeed in Garmin Connect, nor will they count towards badge challenges.

You need the feature called Auto Activity Start for that purpose. And that one is available only on select Vivo and Venu series watches. AFAIK, not even the top models use that feature. More on it here: What Is the Auto Activity Start Feature on My Venu or vivo Watch?

Select vivo and Venu series watches have an Auto Activity Start feature1 which allows the watch to create and save timed activities automatically when the Move IQ feature detects you are walking or running.

• Thank you for the information.