Garmin Coach benchmark run not completing

Is Garmin Coach 100% compatible with the Instinct 2? Reason I ask is I’ve carried out a coach training plan previously with an old Forerunner.

I looked to do the half marathon plan with the Instinct 2 and I noticed the coach didn’t appear in the glances screen like it used to.

I started the run app and I was prompted to carry out the first benchmark workout, the watch guided me through the workout, ended it, saved and synced to Garmin connect. Now I can see it in the app but the actual benchmark run is not showing as complete…

I’ve tried rescheduling the workout to a different day and back again as I read to try that as a possible fix. I’ve also changed the run to “training” instead of “uncategorised” but still no joy.

• Ok I think I’ve cracked it!

So I set up another test, cancelled the Garmin Coach, set my Instinct as preferred tracker again and set up Garmin Coach to begin today.

This time I went into the calendar and started the workout from there, skipped through the laps and the initial benchmark run completed. This was also reflected in Garmin Connect, showing the next steps.

So what doesn’t work for me is going direct into the run app and started the workout from my workouts, I’ll just need to remember to head to the calendar each time.