Garmin Instinct 2 solar backlight not working

Hi,

I'm using Garmin instinct 2 Solar and I noticed that watch backlight is not working. All the parameters are turned on (keys, gesture, alerts), backlight is set to 100%, power saving is turned off. I have tried to restart it but it did not helped. Can this be because of recent software update to version 8.10? Does someone had a similar issues and have a fix for this?

• This is the weirdest thing ever.....

I did another 10 sec power down and off and didn't still work, then I just decided to do the silly tap tap on the screen that my old 910/920 xt something had as activation. A bit later I noticed the back light was working again.

And it's still working now a few days later. If it was off and on randomly I would think it was some hardware connection issue but this is def software related.

• I am sorry there is an issue. Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region to discuss warranty replacing your watch.

• Happened to me as well (8.10 software), right after finishing an activity. It didn't worked at all, when changing brightness on the watch it turned on but only once, didn't worked again until next change of brightness. Works fine again after restarting the watch (just a simple turn off and turn on again after few minutes). 

• So after I joined the beta program and got whatever version the beta is (There's been automatic 2 updates) this hasn't happened again at least. So maybe something has been fixed or my watch has decided to fix itself since I'm doing the exact same things as before with it.

Bike commute, lawn mowing and looking at during the morning in the dark with the backlight.

• Well there definately seems to be some loose connection thing going on with my watch or something.

Since the last reply I've had two situations where it didn't work in the morning:

1. No backlight at all for 10-20 seconds of pressing the button and then it suddenly started working. Put it down to the watch being slow at waking up since it's no performance winner.

2. This morning.... gave it a good 1minute of not turning on with button presses on all the buttons. Then I did the whole tap tap tap on the screen again and suddenly the backlight turned on instantly.

I don't even have gestures enabled but the whole tapping seems to make the thing work.