Garmin: Please bring back single view widget option! TINY FONT SIZE!

Hi,

I already did a post about the tiny font size, esp on the Instinct 2s. The bad quality display compared ot the Instinct 1, like already posted in another thread, doesn't help either. In widget glances I can barely see ANYTHING. I ALWAYS have to go to the single view of a glance. Many more steps to view several data in glances. That is not what glances should be about. Glances should give us an option to view more info when going in, not going into every single widget glance to read SOMETHING which we can't do on glances overview!

Again I want Garmin to give us back the option of single view widgets, or if this is is not possible somehow at least do something about the tiny font size. Esp here on the Instinct 2s this is very important. How can Garmin use such tiny font size. Even children or young adults will probably have trouble reading something in widget glances.

I own a Fenix 6s Pro, tried a 7s. But it is too massive and I always put the Fenix series too tight on my wrist because of it's weight. I returned an Instinct 2s Solar once ONLY because of tiny font size. Now I bought one again because the watch is so nice to wear, small and light. You don't need to put it tight on your wrist because the watch won't move because of it's light weight. There is also not another option of Garmin watches which are SMALL, light and sports watches with many data. So there is no choice really. Otherwise I would have bought a different watch.

• I suppose Garmin decided to keep the same widgets layout in every watch. It has sense when watch has touch screen and with one swipe you can go through few glances, but for me it has no sense when you use buttons only. You have exactly the same amount of clicks to go through glances (where you can see only very limited info) plus additional click to go inside and if you won't see needed info at first page you have to click one more time... After this if you don't have shortcut do go directly to main screen you have extra click to back, back and back.

Best solution for me would be additional option in Setup to choose glances or widgets like it was previously.

• BTW Did you give chance to Insinct 2 45mm? It is still very light watch but screen has enough size to manage data without problem.

• Totally. I understand the design layout but then they should consider the display technology and resolution. You can't uise the same font size on Fenix 7x and Instinct 2s. But it feels like they did. Really annyoing sorry.

Give us back an option or at least make fonz size way bigger.

• I know it is, I tried the Instinct Solar back then but returned it. It is too big for me esp since the design is quite bulky or masculine in some way. I love the Instinct 2s size. I always wanted a light and small sports watch. The only thing better was the FR45s but this was low priced and didn't have many training features. I LOVE the yellow I2 but even with my fave color I wouldn't buy a normal I2 unfortunately. I own a 6s Pro which I will keep but the 2s size and weight is soooooo nice.

• They could give the user the option to choose the widget view, single or not.

• Even though this doesn't bother me so much and I see Garmin's rationale for the change, I understand the discontent.  These views definitely don't look polished or finished.  Kind of like something someone in an enthusiast community ports over from something else.  I actually like the smaller snapshots so while active I can see a couple data points quickly, but it's not optimized for the screen.  

I also wouldn't object so much if the solar icon was actually active.  That is a big flubb IMO.  Why didn't they just make it active?  Why do I have to click again to see the incoming solar radiation level?

• +1 Would love this! Generally, Instinct 2S fonts are 75% unreadable for me with my naked eyes too!

• The Instinct 2 is a joke of a watch for adults. What company in their right mind makes a sports watch with 3-point fonts and gives absolutely no customization features to make it more accessible for anyone over 40 or folks with less than perfect vision who don't necessarily need to wear contacts or glasses. We're supposed to wear this thing during activities and still be able to read it right? Garmin is very out of touch with a consumer base that can afford to drop $500 on a sport watch only to be delivered a screen that is literally unreadable! What a disappointing watch that didn't have to be this bad if they actually thought about consumer needs.