Suunto or Coros

Former Member
Former Member

So with Garmin saying a big "FU" to their customers, and having no interest in what the customer actually wants, I now need to look at alternatives to the Fenix 7 or Enduro I was going to purchase. Anybody have good recommendations for either the "Suunto Vertical" (Solar version) or Coros Vertix 2S? Want to go out this weekend and start looking. Also reaching out to my Instagram followers and will discuss at running club tomorrow, but a lot of those already have the Coros and speak highly of them. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 12 days ago in reply to LUISANDES

No Rockncrag was responding to "Seren" Grin

• The brands you have mentioned are much, much worse in terms of fixing bugs that suddenly arise... good luck with your wild goose chase.

• Suunto and  Coros products are rubbish

• idk what you're going on about here but i'll just chime in to say that if you want a real, viable alternative to garmin you need to take a look at polar. i had the vantage (v2 i think, maybe v1) and it was fantastic. i jumped ship to garmin because polar refused to support things like HRV or offline maps or spo2. i believe they do all of those things now and their sleep tracking was fantastic. i'm very happy with garmin but if i ever did switch again it would be back to polar

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 11 days ago in reply to NicK

See when you make a statement like that you should prefix it with "in my opinion", because obviously many people think they aren't. It always just looks foolish when someone makes a blanket statement about a product being rubbish. 

• At half the price I am considering the swap.

• With the number of people in the running club that wear Coros, or swapping recently from Garmin, it can't be a coincidence

Ive asked those wearing Coros in my group, and they all say they'd prefer a Garmin but they're too expensive. Never heard anyone say they've switched from Garmin to Coros because of software or features.

Sounds like you're only using pace and heartrate (not any specific features that have Garmin standing out from the competition) so I'd opt for anything cheap. Fitbit, or just connect a strap to your phone and use Strava.

See ya when the Fenix 8 is released.

• I must admit that having found most of the training metrics useless in the 7 Pro lately i.e 'maintaining' through a period of running were my heart rate efficiency dropped 20% for about 4 weeks which garmin missed (even said I was productive for one day!).

The other issue I noticed is, having the Boston UK marathon as an event on the watch, it is promisiing me lovely weather for tomorrow for the race... Every other source says heavy rain and lots of wind - I really do not know where Garmin get there weather but for a race with location you would think it would be somewhat close to correct...

The one thing that stops me changing however is the lack of on watch routing - I have only used it a couple of times but when I did it was very useful. For instance I had gone down a trail and decided I didn't want to go back the way I came to avoid going back up the hill I had just come down. Told the watch to take me home and it routed me a nicer way and adjusted the route if I went off track.

If any of the other brands introduce routing then I think I too would be ready to change.

• Agreed. Onboard routing/offline maps, Spotify, Garmin Pay and that monstrous battery life are the features that keep me hanging around. No other watch has that combo.