This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Latest Garmin app update ruined my home page

The recent update as of today, lost all my data, doesn't allow me to edit my homepage, that the update modified nor will it allow me to go back to my previous home page.

This is a terrible update, who tested this???

Moderator: I'm locking this thread. We have received numerous abuse reports from several forum members. To continue the discussion, feel free start a new thread, but name-calling and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Thank you for your positive contribution to the Garmin Forums.

Terms of Use | Garmin

Top Replies

All Replies

• I'm very strict about mistakes that Garmin makes, but I know how to appreciate what's new and I really like the new interface. I appreciated it immediately.
    My feedback has a high value because when there is something to criticize I am the first to do so.

• Only older people cannot adapt easily to new things. I think Garmin took your criticisms lightly for this very reason.
    The new interface is much more intuitive and faster to load.
    Software developers should be more open-minded. Are you a developer or am I wrong?

Over time you will all appreciate the new interface.

• more intuitive and faster to load.

More intitive in that you can't do anything with it anymore beyond rearanging items, I doubt it's faster, acutally i'am surprised how slow it is, updating widgets after each other and not at once when loading, and you are missing the whole point that it's only 30% of what it used to be able to visualize.

• When you need to read the details of your health and training you will find everything in the usual place.
    You are complaining about a home page that has changed. Please...

• Nope the usual place was the dashboard, using the side menu to single each one out is not a dashboard.

I'm complaining and stating facts, you are distracting. You also are defending "a homepage".

Basically you are admitting it is less fuctional by stating "just use the side menu from now on and view everything on a single page one by one".

• I absolutely hate the new app homepage. Data used to be easily scanned at a glance. Now it is scattered across a black galaxy of useless graphics and buried under screen taps. I hope they please let users restore to the classic setup.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 11 days ago in reply to philipshambrook

He actually said "majority", you know what that word means? As in a "majority" of the people who voted.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 11 days ago in reply to NicK

Hahaha..another one saying "just use the old links down the left side"..priceless Joy

• When you need to read the details of your health and training you will find everything in the usual place.
    You are complaining about a home page that has changed. Please...

Exactly this. No data has been lost. Things have been moved and summarised, sure, but it's all still present if you drill down.

Hahaha..another one saying "just use the old links down the left side"..priceless

Except.. it is.. all of your data is still present and viewable.

The Product team at Garmin would have conducted extensive research on how the old dash and app versus the new Dash was received by a large cross-section of the Garmin customer base. You don't roll out wholesale changes to a UI without being absolutely certain that it's going to benefit the vast majority of customers. 

There's a handful here who are clearly deeply upset, but that's an unavoidable part of any change. They can make the choice to stay and integrate the changes or try another brand and experience an entirely different set of issues.

• Only older people cannot adapt easily to new things. I think Garmin took your criticisms lightly for this very reason.
    The new interface is much more intuitive and faster to load.
    Software developers should be more open-minded. Are you a developer or am I wrong?

Over time you will all appreciate the new interface.

Lmao troll harder. I can easily adapt to the new Garmin Connect home page, but it doesn’t mean I like it. There’s a ton of stuff I hate about both the Garmin Connect app and site, regardless of whether it’s the new stuff or the old stuff. I’ve worked at both a boomer company full of people 20-30 years older than me and a modern startup, so I’ve seen both sides of the age argument in tech. It’s pretty obvious that Garmin is a boomer company btw. They can try all they want to keep up with Apple, but their brand will never be cool.

I can also see a ton of online discussions from people who aren’t old about how literally everything in tech and customer service (for example) is worse than it used to be, especially post covid. So complaining about change isn’t exclusively for old people, unless you consider anyone over 21 to be old. But then again, even 21 year olds get nostalgia for the way things were 5-10 years ago.

The Garmin Connect website isn’t even my primary method of looking at Garmin data. 

I use, in roughly this order: Strava, Runalyze, Connect app, and Connect website.

I’ve said it before, but I’d bet the majority of Garmin users don’t even use Connect at all (unless they have to). Of those who do use Connect, the majority probably use the app and not the website (e.g. look at the discussions on the r/garmin subreddit, where people only talk about the Connect app and never the website).

I’d say the people who primarily use the Connect website happen to be older. And many of the people who use these forums (as opposed to r/garmin) are probably older, too.

Garmin’s userbase as a whole probably skews older, too.

I get that Garmin can’t just rely on its existing customer base forever, but good luck trying to capture the mainstream market which has already moved on to Apple Watch (or never used Garmin in the first place.)

Anyone under 25 who isn’t a dedicated runner or cyclist has 0 chance of owning a Garmin lol. So good luck trying to spin this as nbd bc only old people are mad. Even if that’s true, old people are the main users of the Connect website, so I think there’s some truth to the fact that they’re trying to save money and trying to push people off of the site so they can kill it. At the very least, they don’t care if it’s worse than it used to be.