Not all waypoints appear on my Fenix 7x

Last weekend I ran a racre.  I got the GPX from the organisation without waypoints.  I added 9 waypoints in GC.  However on my watch I could only see the first 4 waypoints.  Today I downloaded the GPX for my next race.  Again without any waypoints.  I added 5 waypoints and when I tested it I could only see the first 3 waypoints.  I also downloaded the GPX from GC and had a look at it: all waypoints are in the file.  Then I changed the type of the waypoints (I had 1 different kind of waypoint during my race last weekend and since I swaw 4 points...).  But I still could only see the first 3.  Then I tried deleting the first waypoint hoping I would see the waypoints 2, 3 and 4.  But I could only see the waypoints 2 and 3.  When I deleted the waypoints 2 and 3 the number of visible waypoints also decreased.  Then I deleted the other waypoints also and I added the waypoints again.  Anyone an idea how I can get all my waypoints on my watch?  Could this have something to do with the number of turnpoints?  I don't think I always had this problem, but maybe there were less turnpoints.

• I've added a waypoint between the 1st and 2nd waypoint and now I can see 4 waypoint.  So apperently it has got something to do with the distance.

• I used another method to put the course on my watch.  I downloaded the fit-file from GC and put it manually (dragging the fit file from the folder on my computer to the folder on my watch with the courses) on my watch.  I could already see 4 waypoints, but unfortunately you can't scroll throug the list.  So I don't know if number 5 is on my watch but I think it is.  But if you put a course on your watch the normal way you can see the distance to the next turn and on another screen you see the distance to the waypoints.  If you put the course manually on your watch you can no longer see the distance to the next turn (this is replaced by the distance to the next waypoint).

• I have had exactly the same issue when running Canyons 100k race this weekend.

I added course points for all aid stations, but during the race the last two waypoints didn't show up in the Up Ahead screen.

What I noticed that Up Ahead displayed blank lines where course points were supposed to be. For example it looked like an aid station on the top line, then 2nd and 3rd lines are blank, then the Finish at the 4th line. 

I use custom course points regularly but have never seen a big like this before, so perhaps this is a new regression. I suspect this has something to do with the distance or possibly the overall number of course points including the ones used for turn directions.

I took screenshots but I need to connect my watch to a computer to download those. I'll add the screenshots to this thread later.