Maps, Garmin connect vs watch

Hi, atm I'm using a Suunto vertical, I love the watch, navigation etc, but it's not comfortable, making my wrist bones bleedJoy

So I have been thinking about buying an Fenix 7 pro.

But when I look at the maps in the Garmin connect route planner, most of the smaller Forrest paths I usually use, are missing in the connect app,.

so my question is, are the maps in the watch identical to the one in the connect app? Or do the maps in the watch have more details/roads the Garmin connect?

If that's the case, it would 1. Make my map more or less a blank screen/ and could just use a 255 bread crumb instead.

2. It would make the funktions navigate to saved locations poi more or less useless

• The map in the Garmin connect app is Google Maps which is not suitable for outdoor activity planning. I don't really understand why Garmin is using it in their Connect App. It makes the app more or less unusable for route planning. Well actually, the connect app even knows a lot of these forrest paths, because it is routing you over them, but they are not visible on Google Maps. So it will seem like it is routing you through nowhere... (See screenshots below)

The maps on the watch are based on openstreetmap and have more details. They should be very similar to the Suunto maps. 

• Thanks alot for the reply:)

I suspected that the maps in the watch would be "better", but it's best to ask before spending a few hundred Joy

Have used openstreetmaps before, and they have "my" roads, Il go ahead and order a 7x pro thenGrin