Device stuck on "Fenix 7" screen

I've got a basically brand new Fenix 7 (been using it for less than two weeks) and today it just randomly stopped working. 

The screen is currently showing the "Fenix 7 pro" logo with device specs around it. The only button thats working is the light button, which briefly turns the display off (and possibly the device).

I've tried the following, with no success:

1. Hard reset: hold "light", "back" and "start" until the device resets and you hear a beep. The device does turn off (seemingly), but it never beeps. I've seen people mention other ways to do hard reset, such as turning it off, then pressing the "Back" and "Start" button before turning it on again - but that also does not produce a beep.
  2. Soft reset: hold "light" until the device turns off and then turn it back on again. 
  3. Update via Garmin Express: There are a few maps and a connect IQ store update, but running those updates does not do anything. I dont think its even installing the updates because it keeps detecting the same available updates, even after installing them.

I also took the device back to the shop where I bought it from but they said its a software issue and that I should call garmin support - which is closed today. 

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?