Garmin Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar - Sleep tracking Stopped Working After April 1st. FW Update 16.22

As the header says, sleep tracking is not working after the 16.22 update, pushed on April 1st.

Sleep tracking was working fine on my F7X Sapphire Solar since I purchased the watch some 2 years ago. That was until April 1st. Firmware 16.22 update.
I see posts from 5 months ago describing the same problem with FW update 14.68 not being resolved yet?
I have occuring the same problem just now.
Sleep tracking just stopped working after the update.
I have tried all possible manual changes but sleep tracking is completely messed up and I just can't get it working again.

Please help....

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hello

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. For this, there are a few initial troubleshooting steps to try: 

• Be sure you are wearing the watch at least 2 hours before bed. 
    • If you wear the watch, but there is no HR data recording throughout the night, ensure the watch is not in battery saver mode: 
      1. Hold the menu button
      2. Select Power Manager
      3. Select Battery Saver
      4. Ensure this is Off
      5. Select System
      6. Select Sleep mode
      7. Ensure Battery Saver here is Off as well
    • Be sure your sleep schedule is correct here as well.

If there is no change, we would also recommend a hard reset. For this, hold the Light button until the watch shuts off, as opposed to selecting power off. Then power this on again. 

• For the last two nights my previously recording Fenix 7X did NOT recordi my sleep at all?  Just say NO SLEEP DATA??    I have (except when charging) been wearing the watch 24/7/365 and as ALL other graphs and metrics show this to be true.  

My CPAP machine can validate my typical to bed and awake times.   I am on version 16.22 as of now.  The watch is / was between 10d and 16days of charge and no other parameters have been touched or change recently by me. 

Its either the watch or the software.  just letting you know.   

~ Thomas ~ 

[email protected]

• Garmin_Lauries directions apeared NOT to be a hard reset.
    According to the helpdesk advise I received on the telephone:

Dear Chris,

The hard reset procedure is:

1. Press the "Light" button - your Fenix will turn off.
    2. Press and hold the "Enter" button (top right) and the "Down" button "bottom right"
    3. Briefly press the "Light" button (while holding down the "Enter" and "Down" buttons) - Fenix will turn on again.
    4. Release "Enter" after the first beep (press and hold the "Down" button)

NB! This will erase all data you entered and your activity history. Select delete data and restore settings.

This procedure apeared not to be applicable for my Fenix 7X-SS since the beep never came AND perhaps because the "Down" button" on my watch is NOT on the "bottom RIGHT" but on the bottom LEFT.

In a Garmin Support Centre article I found an other procedure that actually DID work for my watch:

1. Turn off the watch**
    2. Press and hold the [DOWN][START] and [BACK] buttons
    3. Turn on the device while pressing the [LIGHT] button
    4. After the first tone, release the [START] button
    5. After the second tone, release the remaining [DOWN] and [BACK] buttons.

The watch has now been reset.

*User data consists of activity history, waypoints, courses, routes and tracks.

**If the device does not turn off, press and hold the light button until the screen goes blank. This turns the device off and should only be used when the device cannot be turned off in the normal way.

The beeps come like described and the only thing I did next was to restore the last backup to get back all user data.
    For a few days already, Sleep Recording is back as main data input for all other health algorithms.

Cheers,
    Chris

• Hello Since this is not being widely experienced, I would love to help investigate this with you further. For this, I will reach out to you via Private Message to discuss the specifics. 

• Sound good I will look for that communication.  Suffice to say I LOST two night in a row after the last version.  I did the hard reset others discussed.  Anyway its working again for the last 1 night??  

As you can see I have ben recording for OVER a year successfully EVERY night.....  

Here is what your upgrade seemed to do...  FYI.    I did NOTHING different and wore the watch full time except to charge?