Did the Tactix 7 analog watch face change with 16.22 firmware update?

I updated my Tactix 7 (standard) today to the new 16.22 firmware update. I noticed that my favorite analog stock Tactix watch face changed (the second one from the overall selection). Specifically, I noticed that the bigger inner numbers (00, 10, 20, 30, etc.) are gone. Did this happen to anyone else? Is there a basic watch face change I can adjust to get it back?After 16.22Before 16.22

Top Replies

All Replies

• That's probably just timezone update.

• Garmin!, this is not a cheap watch.
    I trusted you. This is also my primary watch face. I bought them for this look too. it is not possible to wait this long for the correction of such a big mistake.
    another manufacturer's watch would have been in *** long ago.
  • Any progress on this issue? There have been 2 updates I believe since this became an issue and no fix yet on the watch face. Doesn't seem right that it cant be resolved after all this time. 

• I absolutely agree with this. I get they probably have so much going on. They have specific projects, workflows, staffing, etc., where certain priorities and needs are set. And I’m no software engineer so I can’t say if the watch face fix is an easy one; maybe it’s more complicated than we know  

However, it can be frustrating to see the new Connect 5.0 being released, then the new Betas for the Fenix line being sent out regularly, and other watches getting bug fixes. It seems like there’s a preferred method to just only do updates quarterly, but it doesn’t make sense that they just can’t send out a quick “16.xx — fixed watchface and other bugs” update. So many products and companies send bug fixes in between major firmware/software updates. Waiting until June when this was a known mid/late March issue is a bit unacceptable.

The Support team is top notch; known for it. I’ve had nothing but great experiences. So I try to give them the benefit of the doubt here. Either way, doesn’t mean we can’t be frustrated. 

• They’ve released another beta today for fenix and epix. And we tactix users still  don’t have a watch face.. is it clear Garmin care only about fenix and epic series. No more tactix for for sure. Maybe no more garmin at all.

• They’ve released another beta today for fenix and epix. And we tactix users still  don’t have a watch face

Garmin values those using all of the device models. And everyones experience is important. For safety reasons the Tactix is not able to be a part of the BETA program. However this uses the same Public software versions as the Epix gen 2 and Fenix 7 series. So when these devices are in BETA, they are testing software fixes for the Tactix as well. Once the software is finalized, this is released as a Public update for all. In fact this testing phase is the reason why the update is not released yet, to avoid releasing an untested software that could cause more even larger concerns like this one. 

• Once the software is finalized, this is released as a Public update for all.

Thank you for the clarification. It is therefore clear that a corresponding update will not be available until the next quarterly update at the earliest. So around the end of June. 
    Just as I had already said in previous posts.

• Absolutely. And I think the every day reasonable customer understands your points. We know Garmin values the customer experience. I think the vast majority of people in this thread aren’t advocating for a Beta program. And, also not to mention any Reddit thread citing this issue, but I guess that’s Reddit which isn’t an official course of communication with Garmin, wants that either. We get your point about untested software, etc., but this doesn’t negate what happened with 16.22 and Tactix users. One can then argue that it clearly wasn’t tested enough then. We’re essentially being told that, due to engineer error, we have to wait 3-4 months for a watch face fix, which is a lot that we are being asked. There’s a disconnect here between the customer and organization. Simply put, it’s still kind of frivolous we need to wait like this. 

• exactly. that’s the point. 
    A bug like this means there is no enough test on tactix. And i’m sure if it was on fenix or epix the fix would be released in few days.

• any adults here? or only crying babies? 

First, the watch has full functionality.

Second, when the bug will be fixed you set this WF ONCE to see it's fixed and then switch back to the other downloaded WF back and continue complains to garmin on other small things.

No regrets by saying this though