Unable to pair my JLab Go Air Sport headphones with Fenix 7 Solar

I cannot get my Fenix 7 Solar to pair with my JLab Go Air Sport headphones. I am able to pair with a Jabra 65t headphone without issue, so I know bluetooth works. The JLab headphones pair fine with my iPhone and PC. Any ideas?

• TROUBLESHOOTING

Connection failure or earbuds disconnected from each other (Manual Reset)

1 Keep the earbuds in the charging case and forget “JLab GO Air Sport” from your Bluetooth device settings.

2 Quick tap 7x on one earbud in charging case. Earbud blinks blue 4 times.

3 Quick tap 7x on other earbud in charging case. Earbud blinks blue 4 times.

4 Take both earbuds out of the charging case. One earbud will be solid white and other will blink blue/white indicating ready to pair to your device

• I have done all these steps but the Fenix 7 just does not recognize the headphones. It is very strange. 

• All I could find in the JLab site was that these earbuds only support Bluetooth 5.1.

I don't think the fenix 7 Solar supports BT 5.1.

That might be the problem?

HTH

• FWIW, I chatted with Garmin support this morning and they told me that the supported version of Bluetooth is "proprietary" (their word not mine). Seems to me that they are hiding the fact that they do not support the latest versions of Bluetooth on an $800 watch. The Jabra 65t is Bluetooth 5.0 and the Jabra GO Air Sport is 5.1. Guess I need to assume that they only support up to 5.0.

• So I had the same issue and fixed it. Same headphones same watch. 

Reset to pairing mode as per above instruction. 

Under JLab go sport, if you continue down the list. You will see "search for headphones"

Select that option. It will discover JLab air sport. Select them, it will pair. After it's connected you will see that there is a connected JLab and another disconnected JLab. Something about the way it auto discovers is not working properly. 

Hopefully it helps!