Sleep Tracking: Keeps merging days in estimate

Edit: Saw a similar post and solution suggested here.

Been working the midnight shift since June. Since then sleep tracking has only failed by tracking some nights completely. Last week I changed my sleep schedule to solve this and that's when the following happened, but not instantly.

My Sleep Schedule for a Midnight shift:

Sleep tracked normally. Went to sleep on Saturday, woke up on Sunday.

The next "day" going to bed on Sunday, woke up on Monday. (Notice two different sleep hours)

Then on that same Monday by 5 pm-ish and waking up at 10pm. Both photos taking on Tuesday (12am) at work.

• Yesterday watch thought I was asleep from 10:40pm the day before. (20+ hours)
    • I fixed the sleep time using body battery as indication of sleep (updated in Connect and not watch)
    • Today I wake up to a total of 50 hours having the same 10:40pm as start of sleep. (Watch says 36 hours, though)

I believe the pattern here is that when I go to sleep 3+ hours past the bedtime set in sleep schedule the watch (not always) goes bonkers and starts merging days even though it already gave me sleep times for them and I clearly pressed 'End sleep' on each one. It's happened 1-2 more times between my previous comment here and this one and with a new (and pricey) silicone band.

I saw this suggestion but I'm honestly not one to manually adjust my sleep schedule every time for x or y reason I go past my bedtime.

Thank you for your report, we hope to resolve this soon.

May I ask when? It's really annoying to wake up to this and have to do the tracking results for the watch.

Willing to assist in any troubleshooting.

(Continuation of this thread)

Then when I see the last days' sleep time I find the watch tells me nothing and the app indicates the fixed times.

My body won't thank me for exercising as if I slept 50 hours.