Dcr´s Fenix 7 Pro review is out

• Depends on what you want. There's still sufficient difference between the Enduro2 and the F7X Pro for people to make a choice based on what they need. That said, given the F7X Pro is out I'd be surprised if there is an Enduro 3 in the future.

• idk man, are you going to be standing around taking pictures of your relief maps or actually using them? because the one on the right does the exact same thing with dramatically better battery life

• I disagree. Solid grey splotches don't tell you nearly as much as proper contour gradients & shading.

I understand everyone uses maps for different things, and many people don't even use maps at all, and that's all fine. But I use maps on my watch a LOT, especially when I venture off trail (or on poorly marked trails) and it's nice to be able to get a feel for the kind of terrain that's around you. I used birdseye imagery to accomplish that goal on my Fenix, and that worked okay, but these new contour maps are leaps and bounds better, it's really not even close. I'm sure the MIP version of it will be good enough for most people, but when I look at how detailed and easy to read the Epix rendering of those maps looks, I have a hard time not choosing that option.

Regarding battery life, you're right about that but I'm also keeping my 7X, so I can still use that for the rare times I really need the extra battery life. But I imagine I'll opt for using the Epix 51mm about 95% of the time, mainly because of the quality of mapping.

• I mean. 

Would you still buy an Enduro2?

I wouldn't personally, no. But Enduro 2 still beats everything else for battery life, so it still has a niche audience, at least for now.

• Not too concerned really. Just hope they fix the battery drain and at least give us the newer watch faces as in the pro. 

• Watchfaces on newly released watches don't come to older watches. Never. No different this time! 7 Pro only!

• En la primera versión de marq venian esferas antiguas y se actualizaron a las mas modernas 

• I have checked several videos, most of all the one from ChaseTheSummit and it seems there is no improvement in visibility with backlights off. Really sad to here. This was so annoying on the Fenix 7, even on the non solar non sapphire standard lineup, don't even get me started on the solar and sapphiore models. I guess my next watch, whenever whatever, will for sure not be a Fenix watch anymore. Guess it will be an Epix 42mm someday. Sad to here this. Backlight improvement is one thing, but to me a minor thing as you can adjust brightness as it is. They should have put more effort to reduce reflections and improve visibility without backlight on. Like they did on the F6 Pro. I would have bought it the moment it got released, but this? No thx.

Bummer as I am more of a fan of a MIP sportswatch than amoled sports watch. I want it to look more "real" and more as a normal watch. AMOLED screens look very "artificial".

• Looking at your saphire watch through polarized sunglasses improves visibility a lot. :)