Anyone care to advise me on Spotify general use?

Going to be the first time using my watch while listening to music, and on the face of it the Spotify app seems clunky, but maybe there is an easy path (btw Spotify on phone contains a load of downloaded albums, favourite artists etc. Not much in the way of playlists)....anyone care to advise on these scenarios to make the whole thing an easier experience.....

1. All downloads/deletions need to be selected/triggered from the watch?

2. If so, is it simpler to (on phone/computer) add (or delete from) things to playlists? And would those items sync with the watch if the playlist was previously downloaded to the watch? (am assuming I don't want to be scrolling through lots of albums to select new ones to add).

3. Maybe its sensible to try and download all my Spotify content to the watch? (space permitting...).

4. Podcasts - some I am subscribed to have maybe a hundred or so episodes, and I'm only part way through listening. What's recommended - download a few episodes at a time? Then delete afters? (might be a pain scrolling to the next episodes on the watch...)

5. Would podcasts listened to via the watch show as played on Spotify (on phone) after next sync?

Thanks! Thinking

• 1. yes

2. you can only add/remove songs outside of the watch. Changes will be synced to the watch when it updates the next time

3. ?

4. never used podcasts 

5. probably 

• a few observations after some days of using spotify, incase they are useful....

1. looks like items to download need selected from the watch while in range of the phone. one strange thing though is that to download an album it needs to have been recently played in spotify. i can't seem to browse all albums in my library to select one i want.

2. playlists can be updated at garmin level, and they will reflect anything changed within them which is good. annoyingly though, the playlist is only listenable as a linear load of songs. you can't play an album within a playlist

3. not sure it would be wise to download too much - maybe select something to listen to and make sure its on your garmin before any activity

4. podcasts ive not used a lot of yet. one annoyance is that after refreshing downloads the position in a podcast i had reached was removed and i had to go back to the start. maybe one of the podcast apps would work better than spotify (but then how to keep in sync if you listen to them via spotify at home)

so it seems the developers have a bit of work to do to get spotify working well. in addition, i can add music as a datafield within say my running activity. it only shows what the artist and track name is though, no controls which would be better to avoid a load of button pressing