Barometer not showing ‘sunny’ symbol

Hi, I am very satisfied with my Fenix 7s SS but there is one thing I don’t understand; the barometer measures the pressure just fine, but I never saw a sunny symbol. It is always a cloud Cloud️ or like today a cloud with arrows?. The actual weather in the Netherlands is (due to a high pressure area) exceptionally good; 4 days of sunny Sunny️ days with clear skies and high temperatures (15 degrees) for November. I am an optimist and want my watch to show some sun sometimes Relaxed️.

I like to know, does anyone sees a sunny symbol on their Fenix? Of is this symbol just not available?

• That's actually a very good question. 

Just by atmospheric pressure I believe you cannot gauge if it's sunny or not outside, clouds can still exist above you and there can be a "clear sky" pressure with clouds roaming around or even blocking the sun. 

In nature, the atmospheric pressure is solely decided by the hydrostatic pressure caused by the weight of air above the measurement point. In very rudimentary terms, when you have clouds above you, the atmospheric pressure will drop because the clouds will take the load of the atmosphere above them, leaving you with lower pressure at ground level. This will be detected and reported by Barometers, including the ones in your watch. The higher or lower the clouds, the more or less atmosphere will be pressing against the ground and I believe that's the reason Garmin uses an icon of a cloud with vertical arrows. It's not a detector of how sunny it is. 

Hope this explains it. 

• Everything is correct. The ones under the cloud are arrows. One up and one down. That is the barometric pressure icon and it does not change. You are in the Barometer widget, which only shows the pressure history. If you want to see the weather, you have to switch to the weather widget.
    So everything is correct as it is shown here.