Strength Activity Screen (F7 vs VA3)

I always use Garmin during strength workouts. Started with VA3 and upgraded to Fenix 7S, but I feel that doing so downgraded my training experience during a session and I’m curious if others feel the same way.

The VA3 has a Set Screen where you see the current step, the timer (went down on rest) and the heart rate and a Reps Screen.

VA3 Set Screen VA3 Rest Screen VA3 Reps Screen 

On F7 the Set Screen got combined with the Rep Screen which I think is excellent and also brilliantly adds the TOD, but fails by focusing on the next step instead of the current exercise. During pushups, does one think about rest or about putting in the work?

F7 Set Screen

The rest countdown got separared into its own Screen. No HR display or Round count, which I don’t mind, and the addition of the next step is helpful here. But it fails in being a screen that appears only during rest and which you have to scroll to see it—which is my other issue. The Set Screen still displays rest, but it’s not a countdown timer like in VA3.

F7 Rest Screen F7 New Set Screen during Rest

While the VA3 always has the Set Screen on display—which I always wished it could stay with a black background instead of changing to white during rest—the F7 switches after each step to a list of the whole workout, highlighting the current step. Now you must scroll up/down to get to the Set or Rest screen. Previous to this I only saw that list before starting the workout (if I wanted to) and on Garmin’s Connect App.

F7 List

In my opinion I don’t see why it’s functional or valuable during a session, especially having to spend energy on scrolling through it every time to see another screen (there’s no skipping ahead and it's worst if Touch is deactivated).

Click here to play this video

/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/599/2055.Vi_0103_deo-13_2D00_10_2D00_2022-08-17-06.mov 

I would suggest an improvement to this taking inspiration from the VA3, and considering the normal flow of a workout taking into account what one would prefer to see and do at each step of it.

Support the development of an inline skating app here.

• this is probably not seen by many, as it jumps to another page when the set page turns into the rest page

Yesterday I noticed that  mentioned 3 months ago how annoying it was, and I share the same feeling.

To put it as your same description:

Screen During Exercise During Rest
    1st Set / Rest Set / Rest
    2nd Custom Custom
    3rd List List
    4th Pause

The jumps happen in the following way for me.

During Exercise, from: Jumps to: During Rest, from: Jumps to:
    Set / Rest List Set / Rest Set / Rest
    Custom List Custom Custom
    List List List List
    Pause Set / Rest

When I say that during rest it goes from a screen that is not the "List" is because I scrolled there.

after the pause is finished I don't know where it goes, it's a screen with the exercise name in a too large front, not showing much else until I hit lap getting back to the list.

I believe this is the same as the Pause screen. I use a custom workout so i only see it before I start it and when i start an exercise–it never stays still waiting for me to hit 'lap'. After that is just 3 screens during exercise.