This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect HR during Tennis - Fenix 7

I purchased the Garmin Fenix 7 around 3 months ago, and I have been using it to record my tennis activities, among others.

For the first couple of months, the recording of HR during tennis was accurate more or less.

However, for the past 3 weeks, the HR the watch shows during tennis is very low (e.g., it shows 105 bpm, while it should be around 130-140).

It is worth noting that this started since the latest software update 9.33.

Thus, it is highly probable that this might be a software bug that has been introduced with the latest update. Otherwise, how can it be that it used to work fine and now it doesn't?

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

PS1: I have read all Garmin instructions for how to properly place your watch in your wrist, etc., and I follow them. I wear the watch on my left wrist, and I am right-handed, so there is no problem with wrist-flexing. In fact, as said, the watch used to work pretty well during tennis, and this changed only 3 weeks ago.

PS2: I will try to record my next tennis session with the Cardio activity app, and compare the results. I will post them here :)

• Thank you! It actually is! I also notice these sudden drops while exercising, since the latest update!

• Great! The more data we provide, the better. If you have anything that show's the issue, send it to Garmin - Chris via DM as he mentions in the other thread.

• Please continue any new reports in this main thread being monitored and updated. Thank you!

v9.33/v9.36 - Has it Ruined Heart Rate Monitoring

• Hey Chris! I have already sent you a PM regarding my issue with v9.33.

I will update to v9.36 and try it, thanks!

Just as a note: I do know that tennis is one of the most difficult activities to track HR (although, note that I wear my watch on my weak arm, and I have a single-handed backhand, so the arm does not perform severely abrupt movements very often during the activity). However, as you're also pointing out, my problem is that with v9.33, HR tracking became notably worse than what it was before (which, in my experience was pretty ok, so kudos for that Slight smile ). Thus, I am not focusing on the performance of wrist-based HR tracking during tennis per se, but on the comparison between what it was and what it is now.

• Facing the same issue when tracking tennis activity.

Sometimes while playing I know my heart rate is above 140 and the clock is only showing 90.

I also use the clock on the left wrist and I’m right handed.

This mess with the calories count and training intensity calculations.

I’ll try to use the Cardio activity…