Fall during running activity and no incident detection

With incident detection enabled for running activity I had a nice fall yesterday. Even cars stopped when they saw I rolled ower on the ground. Not a big issue just some skin bruises. However the incident (actually this was already an accident) was not detected by my watch. My phone was in my belt with me with GCM (Android) running so battery management didn't kill the app. Not happy at all...As I was a professional gymnast I handled the situation naturally easily thus when finished the roll I ended up on my feet. Do you think this was the reason why the incident detection didn't work?

• I don’t know how exactly incident detection works but might assume that it is based on GPS and accelerometer, basically if you fall and stop rapidly should trigger this function to act. 
    As you described, you fall but did in stop. 
    Maybe because of it it didn’t work for you. 

• I got incident detection few times on bike, while going downhill and fast breaking. Watch on handlebars.

Could be that, maybe there wasn't rapid slow down or hit, so the alarm wasn't triggered.

• Thank you all for all your comments. Maybe you're right and the quick roll made the incident detection didn't get fired. Interestingly, a couple of years ago my wife had a fall while running with her old watch that was a Vivoactive 3 Music and I witnessed how this function worked perfectly. I was only 1/2 meter behind her and I even was helping her to get on her feet and immediately received the email notification about the fall. She did not roll and stood up right after the falll that's for sure...I still believe the accelerometer should have detected my incident. If I'm not mistaken the flashlight's cadence (red/while light blinking) function is also gets triggered with the help of the accelerometer sensor. This function is not working properly in my case. Instead of having for every 4th arm swing forward I should have a white flash and the same with red light when the arm moves backward. Instead, I receive white flashlight blink for every second arm swings to front directions. No red light at all. When I walk with the cadence flashlight enabled I do have this function properly working.

• Hold down the power button, does it start the emergency contact function? My F7 worked fine until two or so weeks ago where suddenly incident detection data no longer worked; currently sending logs to support on the topic. For me though, it is iOS.

• Yes, it gets triggered as expected while holding down the light (power) button. I've just tested it. I remember your post about the issue you had/have. 

Can you please check and report back if your flashlight is working as expected during run activity with cadence (white/red flashes) selected? Thank you in advance.

• Can you please check and report back if your flashlight is working as expected during run activity with cadence (white/red flashes) selected? Thank you in advance.

• and @J

Can you please check and report back if your flashlight is working as expected during run activity with cadence (white/red flashes) selected? Thank you in advance.

• @J

Apologies...I should have thought about this.

• I have the same problem with my fenix7. No detection after falling during my runs.

I would appreciate à bit more information from garmin about how detection incident work.