Fenix 7 running best pace fast spikes versus average pace

Issue: Seeing very high spikes in best pace field during runs on Fenix 7. Average pace reported for run matches actual pace. The spikes, now that they are frequent, render the stamina fields useless. Stamina goes to 1% very quickly with best pace. And training status shows I'm "over-reaching". I've tried a lot of things below with no improvement. Hard to tell if it's a hardware or software issue. Not sure what to try next. 

History: upgraded from Fenix 6 in April, with F7 starting seeing very short spikes to 2:42 / mile in June. Now seeing consistently high pace since SW9.33 as evidenced in graph below.

Trials, testing and observations: 

- ran a race yesterday with instant pace at 2:45 the whole time, had to use time elapsed and distance, along with lap reporting to meet target pace. end of race report average pace was correct versus actual times.

- Short test run wearing both Fenix 6/7 watches (see image below) no spikes with Fenix 6 pro

- Ran a test with both watches running on car dashboard driving at 4-5 mph both watches reported best pace that matched average, and each other (no spikes either watch).

- With both watches on the wrist the Fenix 7 will quickly goto 2:45 / mile best / instant pace while Fenix 6 best pace matches average

-- holding my F7 arm away from my body allows best pace to return to average with 5-10s, but will return to 2:45 quickly when arm returned to normal

-- trialed different GPS settings with no improvements for F7

- The GPS map routing for both watches appears ok, no strange position jumps for either watch

- Final step was to reset Fenix 7, factory settings restore, wiping all data, no pairing to phone. Same results, quick spike to 2:45 range during run.  

- Observation: Spikes to 2:45 only appear to occur when running faster than 11:00 / mile. When at walking pace no issues with best best/current pace. Same behavior before/after reset.

Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar compared to Fenix 6: wearing both watches for one run.

• Thanks for the info (  and meanwhile sorry to hear) that Garmin still cannot make SW. Was considering to update fenix 6 pro to 7, since real time pace is useless in 6. Gps is ok, but they seem to lack basic capability of signal filtering/processing..

ps. I have never see such smooth pace myself. If I run straight flat road with constant pace (say 5:20/km), definitely not varying more than 15 s/km, pace can show anything from 4 to  10/km. Lap times are reliable though.