Garmin Fenix 7X Open Water Swimming

I have had Fenix 7X for 3 month. Open Water Swimming is badly malfunctioning. So, I had to approach to Tracer Service - Garmin Representtives in Athens, Greece for fixing the problem. Finally, they replaced the device for new one but the same problem is persisting with New Device - Wrong Distance / Wrong Tracing on the Map / Wrong Pace. All the mantioned malfunctioining was Printscreened from Garming Connect and submitted to Tracer Service. Since 2017 I used to have Fenix 5X and Open Water Swimming Record (almost every morning all round years) was perfect!!!

Could I ask for the following:

a) If Open Water Swimming Software upgrading is being done and when new Version can be expected

b) If the above mafunctioning can be accepted for REFUND

Thanks

• I m facing exactly the same issue. I'm also located in Athens. 

Did you find solution ?

• I have tested Fenix 7X with all options, recommended by Garmin. The only option working is securing the watch on floating buoy and towing it without submersion. All the other options - performance unacceptable : distance is usually two times less than actual. On the Pace diagram it is obviously seen that satellite is lost immy after starting swimming and connection restored on the point of destination but the distance is calculated wrong. So, Fenix 7X
    can not be used for open water swimming!!!
  • Yes this is an issue for quite a few users (it's not insignificant) which for me started with the f6. It is likely the newer gps chips that are much more power efficient but don't do as well in the water. oh well, maybe f8 or epix 3 will finally improve this.  i gave up and use my phone in a swim buoy to get the right distance. 

let me add that switching hands that you wear the watch may have marginal improvements

• My Swimming is Free Style, i.e. the watch is not contunuously submersed. But satelite signal is lost as soon as start swimming and restored only on reacing destiantion point, when the watch is hold above the water for about 1 min. Nevertheless, the distance is displayed wrong - far from acceptablevalue! It is pitty, after having successful experience with Garmin Fenix 5X for 5 years to exchange it for for "Premium Sport Watch" Fenix 7X and to face persiting problem!!!

• I agree, several steps fwd but always one or two backwards. for whatever it's worth here is what i have done to get marginal improvements or what i think works best.

1. Try wearing it on a different hand. your swim style is likely not perfectly symmetrical. For me, i breath to the left and wearing it on my right hand produces better results. 

2. For me the best results do come with GPS set to All plus Multi

3. Allow a few min to acquire SAT signal. I start the acquisition when iam in the parking lot, walking to the beach

4. After I press start, i wait 15 seconds for the SAT connection to settle (DCRainmaker suggestion. Also when done i raise my hand out of water and wait another 15 seconds before I end the activity. I try to do that at all turning points to at least get a good track.

• It’s great that you were one of the few who was able to get good results swimming with the F5. There weren’t many but unfortunate that you are having such a poor outcome with the F7. The people that are complaining who are freestyle swimming are reporting short or long distance and poor satellite tracking. I believe you might be the first to report no satellite connection from start to finish. For this reason alone you most definitely need to contact Garmin Support if nothing changes after trying the suggestions above.