POLL MULTI-FREQUENCY POSITIONING activation in basic F7

• Yes, I'd want even if I wouldn't use it. If the hardware can do it I should be able to use it if I want. But Garmin is Garmin and I bought my Fenix 7X knowing Garmin won't enable multiband. So it's already sold as not supporting multiband, so I don't think Garmin will enable it.

Even if they have the same chip, they may have different hardware configuration that may prevent using it with multiband option.

• Dear Garmin, please do it for us if it's possible by SW upgrade. I promise my next sixth watch will be Garmin againSlight smile.

• There is no reason that the top of the line watch model should not have feature that medium level watch /such as 255) has. It does not matter if users would use it often or not, feature availability and reliability is what users appreciate. 

• There is no reason that the top of the line watch model should not have feature that medium level watch /such as 255) has. It does not matter if users would use it often or not, feature availability and reliability is what users appreciate. 

I agree. I think when Garmin made the decision to exclude multi-band GPS from some of he Fenix 7/Epix line, I am sure they had not decided to have all of the soon to be announced Forerunner watches running multi-band GPS. I suspect that decision was made later on competitive grounds. They even reduced the price. From that perspective, I feel confident that Garmin will add multi-band to all of the Fenix 7/Epix line. The don't have to but it makes perfect competitive sense. The Fenix 7  is  brand new watch in the heart of it's feature upgrade cycle, we have to expect some of the newly announced Forerunner features to be ported and universal multi-band GPS has to be one. After all, these  remain their top of the line watches and the feature set has to convey this.

• I think it won't work to activate it, because multi-band mode and 32 GB of memory is the hardware of the watch.

• Supposedly the same Airoha AG3335M chipset is used in both versions. At least I don't see another multi-GNSS Airoha chipset without L1+L5 support and with all other parameters the same as AG3335M.

And the amount of memory is irrelevant. 

• GARMIN, could You please officially tell us, if there is any chance to get multi band GNSS to our basic line of Fenix 7?

• If you want it, you should buy it.
    You had that option.

• , there is no reason for such defensive tone. Users are not attacking anyone, just asking legitimate questions related to llogical pricing and features between some watches which confused a lot of us early buyers of fenix 7 standard.

Many of users that were let down by this marketing tactics expect at least official statement from Garmin on the topic and the last thing they will do is buy another watch after being let down like this. Satisfied customer buys more, not dissatisfied one.

And Garmin's next action (or lack of) in this topic will make a clear cut in user satisfaction of aforementioned users.