19.10/19.20 GPS 5.30 update does not install

Earlier I have received firmware 19.10, now I received 19.20 both of which should include GPS 5.30 and it does, but it just not installing. I have gup3107.gcd and CPE.BIN files in REMOTESW folder, which I believe is an update. So the update is just hanging there, if I delete the gcd file, it apears again, but nothing happens in the end. Other things installed ok, like Sensor Hub, etc. What is the problem, what do you think? Current GPS version 5.00

Edit: Ok, so more information. There is a file 006B310714.GCD in Garmin Express downloads folder and it is byte identical to the file gup3107.gcd which gets synced to the watch. Same file, just different names. And if I put 006B310714.GCD to REMOTESW folder, still NOTHING HAPPENS. The watch does not initiate install.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I just received 19.2 today on a 6 Solar and am on GPS 5.0 (even after connecting again to Express after the 19.2 update - which has been required in past updates to get all the pieces).

In the past, sometimes they’ve rolled back GPS/sensor versions from the one shared via beta when it comes time for production release - presumably due to it not being ready for prime time. Maybe that’s what’s happened here to GPS 5.3. 

• Only strange that 5.30 is offered as an update in Garmin express to install but finally does not install

• Earlier I have received firmware 19.10, now I received 19.20 both of which should include GPS 5.30 and it does, but it just not installing. I have gup3107.gcd and CPE.BIN files in REMOTESW folder, which I believe is an update. So the update is just hanging there, if I delete the gcd file, it apears again, but nothing happens in the end. Other things installed ok, like Sensor Hub, etc. What is the problem, what do you think? Current GPS version 5.00

I have a 6xPro which has never seen a Beta software version - only ever updated via Garmin Express on my PC.

Was on Software Version 16.70, which was the latest standard version available, and received the "Software Update Available" message on Garmin Express.  When I selected details, I was shown this:

I selected Install All and the following updates were made to my 16.70 software [Updates highlighted Bold Underline]:

• Software Version: 19.20 (0fe794a)
    • M/N: A03560 IC: 1792A-03560             FCC ID: IPH-03560
    • GPS: 5.00
    • Wi-Fi: 2.60
    • CIQ: 3.2.6
    • BMX: 2.0.4
    • WHR: 2.00.04
    • ANT/BLE/BT: 6.11
    • Sensor Hub: 11.01
    • Advanced heartbeat analytics by Firstbeat: ETE: 6.11.0.0  THA: 2.5.0.0 LHA: 1.4.0.0

Two items of note are:

1. GPS Software Version did not update from 5.00 to 5.30

2. New Firstbeat feature "LHA" was added

As much as I am tempted to simply strip the GPS 5.30 update file from the last Beta release and install it in my RemoteSW folder, I am curious to see how Garmin will resolve this issue.

Clearly, there is a GPS 5.30 version extant, but it appears most of us who have received the 19.20 software update package were not updated to GPS 5.30.

HTH

• I compared GPS update file from 19.20 release and last Beta. Both should be 5.30, but they are not same.

• Which makes me even more reluctant to simply do a cut and paste from the Beta release.

Thanks for the info.

• I see that quite a lot of people take GPS update from last Beta. But to me it rises question why it was not included as is with 19.20 release. Seems that they modified it and there probably was a reason for that.

• Garmin Express not showing an update for my 6 pro. Grrr....

• What is Firstbeat's "LHA" feature?

• What is Firstbeat's "LHA" feature?

That's an excellent question - and why I highlighted it.

I don't know.  My best guess is it has something to do with the new Sleep score/metrics, but I have no idea whether that is the case.

• oh well. i used the 18.80 gps file to update from 4.40 to 5.30. it worked though. i wonder what is the difference ?