Fenix 6 Series - 9.94 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

We have new software available for your upcoming adventures!

*Our 9.92 Beta for Pro models contained ANT/BLE software version 6.03, however, we believe this peripheral software update has includes a bug that could lead to phone connection problems, or disconnects from sensors/headphones. The 9.94 update folders contain the file needed to backdate the ANT/BLE software from 6.03 to 5.04, which we recommend that you install if you have a Pro model. The instructions for installation provided on the above links remain the same, no additional steps are needed for installing the backdate file. 

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

9.94 Change Log Notes:

• Made improvements for On-device Sleep.
  • Added support for viewing recovery heart rate from the activity paused menu.
  • Updated the UI for Steps, Sunrise/Sunset, and Training Status widgets.
  • Improved data reliability for the weather widget.

*On-device sleep calculations have now been added.  This information can only be viewed via the Sleep widget. Please follow included instructions above to add the widget. On-device sleep calculations can be viewed in Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Connect Web when using beta software 9.92 and above.  A few notes concerning on-device sleep and how it is viewed in GCM and GC-Web:

• The sleep cycle doughnut around the total hours of sleep in GC-Web does not currently match GCM or your watch.

• When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Sensor Hub: 7.04* (required for new Sleep tracking)
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models)5.04 *See note above
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

Top Replies

All Replies

• In settings, the Widget Glances is greyed out and on by default.

My HR graphs is with white background

• Also if you open Health Stats widget and then open HR widget, for example? 

• Are you using Health Stats widget or directly the stand alone HR widget? 

• I installed 9.94 yesterday morning and had no problems at all during the day with a couple of activities recorded and syncing with GCM. This morning when I woke the watch and phone refused to connect. Toggling Bluetooth did not work. Rebooting the phone did not work. Soft booting the watch did not work.

The final solution was to add the watch again as a new device in GCM. I did not need a pairing code as the watch seemed to be recognised, but it still went through some "new device setup steps.

Once connected and synced everything looked fine, but without sleep data on the phone. Syncing again did not fix it. In the end I had to add the sleep widget to the watch and then the sleep data synced to the phone.

I do not recall ever having such problems with Bluetooth in the past six months with my 6X. I have reported this to [email protected]. Maybe it is a one-off fluke for me. Maybe it is affecting others. It seems odd that my first problems only occur when they release a Bluetooth regression fix.

• I've sent this to [email protected] and Iknow these are some minor things, but if they haven't been "touched" since 9.00 stable version, then I am worried no one will pay attention to fix this in the next official version. 
    I have noticed, that some texts are not being translated from english (to Polish language):
    1. PulseOX Widget: "Measuring", "Keep Still", "Last 24 hours", "Just Now";
    2. My Day Widget >Enter the stats:
    a) Active minutes screen: "Weekly Goal"; Enter Weekly Goal screen: "Minutes to reach goal", "Moderate", "Vigorous"; "Week Total"
    b) Enter Steps Screen: "Steps", "Avg", "Distance"
    c) Enter Calories Screen: "Active Calories", "Avg", 
    d) Enter Floors Screen: "Floors", "Avg"
    3. Health Stats Widget 
    a) Enter Heart Rate Screen: "7-day avg", "RHR"
    b) Body Battery Screen: "Since Midnight"; Enter Bod.Bat.: "With Stress", "Last 4 Hours".
    I think, these texts "Since midnight" and "Last X hours" may also appear sometimes in Steps and Floors widgets too, depending on what time of the day it is.
    Also, what is obvious, but I'd like to mention just in case: The sleep widget is all English :)
    To add, since version 9.00 (Fenix 6 Pro, Polish language) all "spoken" lap alerts are in English despite of polish language set for this option.
    Just wanted to mention about all of these things, because maybe some of you have also experienced this. English mixed up with device's set language makes the user experience not as good as it could be Slight smile
  • In settings, the Widget Glances is greyed out and on by default.

My HR graphs is with white background

• This beta solves the problem with widget glance view not showing some/all third party widgets properly (display showed IQ! instead).

Works normal again on my watch (6xPro Solar).

• In settings, the Widget Glances is greyed out and on by default

This is just because you entered into the widget setting when you was in a widget. If you long press UP-MENU front he watch face you can enable/disable. 

• This "Widget Glances is greyed out and on by default" seem to happen if you're already IN widgets when you try to change this setting.  I get the same, but I go back the main watchface and then from there go to settings, I'm able to change it.

It seems to be you can't change what widgets look like when you're IN widgets.