Fenix 6 Series - 9.92 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

UPDATE 6/4/20: We are currently investigating reports from beta testers regarding phone connection problems, or disconnects from sensors/headphones. We believe this was introduced in our 6.03 ANT/BLE software update for the Fenix 6/s/x Pro models. For those of you experiencing this issue, you can backdate to the previous ANT/BLE version 5.04 with the file in the attached folder. Unzip the file and place the GUP3293.GCD file in the Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device. This issue only affects the Pro models.

ANT-BLE Backdate 5.04.zip

We have new software available for your upcoming adventures!

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

9.92 Change Log Notes:

• Added on-device sleep calculation (via added Sleep widget* (Menu > Widgets > Edit > +Add > Sleep). Requires Sensor Hub 7.04
  • Updated the UI for performance, Heart Rate, Training Status, Intensity minutes and Floors Climbed widgets. These are only minor visual changes
  • Fixed an issue with Powerbeats Pro audio control.
  • Fixed an issue where alarm labels were not being translated.

*On-device sleep calculations have now been added.  This information can only be viewed via the Sleep widget. Please follow included instructions above to add the widget. On-device sleep calculations can be viewed in Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Connect Web when using beta software 9.92 and above.  A few notes concerning on-device sleep and how it is viewed in GCM and GC-Web:

• The sleep cycle doughnut around the total hours of sleep in GC-Web does not currently match GCM or your watch.

• When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Sensor Hub: 7.04* (required for new Sleep tracking)
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models)6.03
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• I wake-up 6 hours ago, and REM is still --; so much time is normal? (I have severe apnea and sleep stages control is very important for me).

• Manually adjusting sleep start to the correct time just added six hours of "light sleep", ignoring the 2.5 hours awake entirely, or any finer details of deep and REM sleep.

As I wrote above, this is the main issue in my opinion. Is is normal that sometimes does not count some hours but is not normal that you cannot modify manually saving datas of not sleeped time. Before the update was different, I will try deactivating the widget. 

• First night,  start is spot on, wake-up (even tho i was in bed for 1hr on cell) spot on. Did not see any issues with body battery or stress. I did however have 8min of awake time, never had before with old sleep but perhaps i was restless??

• First off, sleep detection and the conclusions it draws have been spot on for me since installing the Beta.  So kudos to that.  Prior to now it would show me getting 10-13 hours of sleep a night when I get more like 1 to 3.   

BUT.... (and yes this was sent to the beta team, I'm posting it here to see how many other people may have the issue.  I know of one other person personally who has it with the Beta+Fenix6X+IOS while I'm android so it's not a phone hardware specific issue - 

----------- what I sent to beta team ------------------
    With the current beta a number of issues I've never seen before have cropped up and are recurring.  It's important to note I've never had any BT issues with the watch since day 1 and the phone is the same over that time frame  and there have been no changes to the OS in that time frame although obviously I have GCM updated to the current release as of... 2 days(?) ago. 
    BT connectivity, Android - Google Pixel 2 (no OS changes in 11 months on the phone) - 
    GCM - 
    Turning off BT on my phone requires a reboot of the watch to reconnect. 
    BT connectivity drops occasionally during the night or after an activity and requires a reboot of the watch to reconnect. 
    I've tested rebooting the phone, going into Power Saving mode on the watch and back to normal and a custom power mode with the phone connection disabled and then back to full power without the watch reconnecting. 
    The Phone status on the Watch sits on "Waiting for Phone" when this occurs.  I've allowed it to sit for upwards of 30 minutes without it reconnecting including disabling/enabling BT / rebooting on the phone during that time.  The only resolution has been rebooting the watch. 
    BT Headphones+music - Headphone, Trekz AfterShok Air's, Music Source, Spotify - Start Music app on watch, select headphones -  Headset announces connected, watch shows connected and the watch shows music starts playing but there is no sound.  Headphone volume is adjusted without any sound. .  
    I've tried powering off the headphones and reconnecting without any luck.  Only resolution is rebooting the watch which resolves the issue. 
    Secondary issue when this occurs - 
    The first song played after getting the headphones working again repeats until I manually advance to a new song and then the songs play correctly after that. 

• Not sure if issue or need of logic improvement. Lets submit it.. www.garmin.com/.../

• Side note, the issue during the night or after an activity may be due to me getting far enough away from the phone so that BT drops and then it never connects again until a reboot.  Just thought of that. 

• I have experienced all of these issues as well

• Turning off BT on my phone requires a reboot of the watch to reconnect. 

For the sake of curiosity i've turned OFF Bluetooth on my OnePlus Android Phone. Observed the connection flag gone from the watch face. 

Turned BT on on the phone. Connection flag shown in a matter of 1-2 seconds. No issue here. 

On the bluetooth topic - maybe it's real maybe it's just in my mind - I can say that I've observed loosing the connection faster when moving away from the phone in the house. I mean I have the feeling that before the beta I had connection to the phone at a specific distance that now I no longer have. 

Hence some notifications are lost from vibration point of view. I just see that i have a new notification sign on my watch face. 

• Any time you upgrade the firmware version your settings will not be lost. Every time you downgrade the version you will loose your settings.

• The new sleep widget is amazing!! But sometime it detects wrongly the end of sleep and I have to manually fix it in Garmin connect. Maybe sometime we will be able to synced back to the watch, maybe not.