Terrible Fenix 6S Battery Life

I got my Fenix 6S last week and have noticed the battery only works for about 36 hours before it is completely drained. I have turned off pulse ox and HRM and it doesn't make a difference. The battery direction says 8 days, but it is completely wiped out in 36 hours (and that's without doing any workouts or using music!). So unless I'm completely exhausted losing time to sleep, this is a complete miss. Software is up to date.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I was going to say, that definitely sounds like a defective battery situation. And since you exchanged it and the watch is all good now, sounds like that confirms it.

Unfortunately, Garmin doesn't make the batteries, and there's only so much quality control testing they can do on them individually, so occasionally a bad one is going to slip through. Glad everything is all good now, enjoy the watch!

• I just got the 6x about a month ago. I've primarily used it on my smart trainer indoors, but I've taken it on 2 outdoor rides, one with maps, one with out. I have local speed/cadence sensors on my bike and I use an HRM strap but I get GPS data from the watch. On the ride with full maps and GPS I went nearly 50 miles. The Fenix 6x battery was 98% when I started and only 92% when I finished. Great watch.

On last Sunday's ride the watch started auto-pausing at one particular spot on a 32mile ride. I thought my speed/cadence sensors were losing connection so I stopped, readjusted them, and never had a issue after that. I never had an issue in that particular area on my Fenix 5 so this was odd. I look at my data on the ride and Ride With GPS had to fill in the gaps where the watch was dropping offline, which happened to be a massive hill I really wanted to see my performance data on. You can see this right around mile 17 on this route. Strange.

ridewithgps.com/.../45026568

Last night, I hit the trainer for 2 hours on two separate workouts, recorded everything on the watch, used the timer when stretching out afterwards, everything was good. I went to bed with 75% battery life. I woke up at with 50% battery life, used the watch timer a few times in the kitchen, everything was good. I left the house for work 1hr 20 minutes after I got up still with 50% battery. I get to work 45 minutes later and the watch is totally dead. I have all the latest software updates.

I'm charging it now and will see if I run into this issue again. If I do, Garmin will be getting a call. I might have a bad unit. SCZ412, it's possible you have a bad unit too.

• I get 10 days on a full charge on my F6S pro. That is with PulseOx off, OHR 24/7 on, smartwatch on.