This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 with 14.1 update high battery drain

I updated my garmin fenix 5 with 14.10. I still have problems with high battery consumption.
Consume 1% per hour. With software 13.1 I had consumption of 5% per day. I tried to reinstall 13.1 but now it continues to consume a lot, always 24% a day. What can I do?
  • Still not a single oficial comment

I'm holding back on 13.30

• I've been having this same problem.  I charged my watch yesterday afternoon.  Immediately after I pulled it off the charger I powered the watch on/off and then whet into the settings and turned the wrist sensor off and then on.   About 21 hours later the watch has discharged 6%. 

• what did they reply to you?

• I got a response through Twitter - they recognize the issue. Stated to work on a solution for it: https://twitter.com/gernijkamp/status/1165276962635624449 No response on the support ticket that was raised more than six workdays ago. But that glimpse of acknowledgement through Twitter and the reply you got provides some hope, though...

• I tried everything with no success until I turned of the BT connection from the watch. Now I have better consumption - about 0.2% per hour. But previously my battery lasted for about 2 weeks with everything turned on...

Hope there is a fix soon.

• I updated yesterday my Fenix 5 from v13.30 to v14.10. Before the update the battery could live for 7 days with 4/5 hours of GPS and 4 hours of indoor activities. Now, after only 24 hours the battery level has decreased for about 20% without any GPS activities!

I saw the same problem with many other previous versions, every time that a new version has released I'm afraid about this possibility!

• Wish I remembered how to downgrade. Where can I find info of that for Fenix 5.

• This definately seems to be a hw related issue but it shouldn't be because fw developers should of course be aware about hw changes at all time. Personally I hadn't have a single problem so far.

• I went on holiday and forgot to take my watch charging cable. It lasted 9 days before it eventually ran out of battery. 3 days later I returned home, and charged the watch... since then it's only been lasting about 3 days on a charge!

The battery monitor shows 38.7% battery usage per day (No activities)!!!

Version 14.10.

I had wondered if it was in some way connected to the fact that I'd let the watch go completely flat (I've never let it go completely flat before), but judging by all the other posts on here I'm guessing that's just a coincidence (Unless everyone else suddenly realises that they'd done the same).