This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5 with 14.1 update high battery drain

I updated my garmin fenix 5 with 14.10. I still have problems with high battery consumption.
Consume 1% per hour. With software 13.1 I had consumption of 5% per day. I tried to reinstall 13.1 but now it continues to consume a lot, always 24% a day. What can I do?
  • After the update to 14.1 I had definitely the same problems as many of you, battery drain of 1%/h.
    I don't know on which version it ran before 14.1 because I didn't checked it before the excessive drain.

it is noticeable that the LEDs of the OHRM are no longer bright as on 14.1.

• Thanks for verifying - hanging back from updating at the moment - currently getting ok battery life from 13.51... 

• Installed the 14.20 about 3 hours ago. After i was done installing i restarted the watch. 0% in 3 hours, the battery widget says 0,1 - 0,2%. Looks promising for me.

• Did you try soft reset? It helped me on 14.10, I have great battery consumption, like 7-8% per day on my 5x, which is OK. As I wrote before, soft reset may help - You need to hold left upper button Light/Power for longer although it looks it does nothing, then it switches off and you are still holding at least 20 seconds longer, then you release button and normally switch on with that button again, normal press. blue triangel for a while and watch is up after soft reset.

• For now, it looks like that drain is fixed in 14.20. After 8 hours (no activity, 2 hours of regular wear) battery is still on 99%. 

• We have identified a possible issue with software version 13.40 for the fenix 5 that can cause additional battery drain to take place. If you are experiencing increased battery drain on your fenix 5, update your software to version 14.20, or later. For more information see the following Support article: Increased Battery Drain After Updating Software