This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrosion charging port Fenix 5

Hello. Please help me resolve the issue with the charging port. Hours 8 months. Used not constantly and only for jogging, without swimming in the pool or open water. Regularly cleaned from sweat. Used only the included charging cord. About 1.5 months ago black and red dots began to appear on one contact. I contacted Garmin's support service in Ukraine, but I was told that if there is a problem with the charging port, I need to change the entire cover and only for my money. Since it is not financially profitable, I decided to wait. But the problem is aggravated, despite the fact that every day I wipe the contact with a clean cloth and remove the red patina. The contact is already completely covered with dots and soon it will just stop working. I have a number of questions: 1. How is this possible at all? 2.this is a factory marriage! Why does the Garmin service center in Ukraine say that I have to change the cover for my money, if there is another 3-4 months guarantee ??? Thanks for attention.